NL auto #2. By Happy Pappy

Just going my morning relaxation theroputic watching nature. I just saw a Whitetail in the backyard.

1 Like

Do you have any experience with pot bellied pigs?

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a town, close bye where there are deer all over and itā€™s illegal to kill them,I heard you have to have a special permit, they will walk up to you and eat out of your hand. No fear what so ever

1 Like

Pot bellied pigs? Deer are graceful if their tamed.

1 Like

Deer, no pottybelky pigs are cute while they are small, my daughter wants one, she just donā€™t know there just like tending to a dog or Even worst

2 Likes

Iā€™ve read that they take a while to warm up. Then they are like dogs and will then follow you around and even get on the couch and snuggle like a dog. Very cute when little.

2 Likes

Like I said, they might outsmart the dog, haha, very intelligent animal, it will take charge and leave the dog looking at his empty food bowl, yes once the grow on you itā€™s over, they be your best friend, very trainable with treats

2 Likes

Well I think itā€™s like this. You can dress up a pig, wash and put lipstick on it. Still a pig though.

2 Likes

Haha, so true, Iā€™ve trained lots of animals, just the untrainable are cats, he gets there acting like he owns the place and demanding food, if he didnā€™t have a successful hunt. They are amazing

1 Like

You donā€™t own cats, they own you. Never cared for them. My grandma had a Siamese that would scratch you and was mean. She always had cats. They eat a bunch of mice.

1 Like

It true, they donā€™t ask for affection, unless they want it, I can be calling him with his bowl of food and heā€™ll look at me like, Iā€™ll eat when Iā€™m ready, and take off in the other direction. Iā€™ve had more affection from a rooster than a cat

2 Likes

My grandma had a white Leghorn he named Henrietta. She would come daily and cluck at the screen door. Youā€™d open the door and she would come in the house. Then sheā€™d flutter up on the rocker, did on the cushion and lay an egg. She did that daily for a long time. I love that memory. The good old days. Must have been five or sixish then. Great memory!

2 Likes

Yes they are creatures of habit, once they get a routine, they like to stick to it, if not youā€™ll see them acting nervous. They always lay in the same nest and Roost on the same branch, at exactly the same time

2 Likes

Do you have blacksnakes thatā€™ll eat eggs?

1 Like

Yes the famous indigo blue snake, it also eats rattlesnake, so we try no to kill em, if itā€™s eating your eggs, thatā€™s because it wiped out your rat and mice population

2 Likes

Whatā€™s the plan today? Normal routine?

1 Like

I think so, MrsC didnt mentioned anything out of the ordinary we have to do, hereā€™s our Texas indigo, they get hugeIMG_8813 also they aint poisonous

2 Likes

Looks like our King Snakes. Ther are actually good. Eat other snakes too. Nature is very complex.

1 Like

Very similar, I donā€™t like killing snake at all, most rattlesnakes stay away from humans, we you find them is when youā€™ve entered there realm. Most of the times Iā€™ve seed huge rattlers when hunting or fishing, just stop and back away slowly and youā€™ll be fine

2 Likes

Thell make you crap yourself though. Lol. In the fall of the year when in the wood, if your not careful youā€™ll step right on a copperhead. They gone out and warm themselves in the daytime. Camouflaged perfect with autumn leaves on the ground.

1 Like