NJ Outdoor 2021 - Gold Leaf/Blue Dream

Reinstalling my 2nd tier drying rack in the tent. This round has lots of small branches and I think I’ll need 3 levels for space…

1 Like

3 Likes

Ready to fill er up!

1 Like

I just went and got a wardrobe box …the carbon pet filter …some wooden dowels
Had to order the 120mm pc usb fan off Amazon and that will be here Monday …
I’m gonna go construct my box …I’m relieved I have someplace to dry !!

I would be going crazy if I had as much as you to dry lol

1 Like

I think I used double sided tape to stick the fans to the cardboard, like good stuff, not like duct tape stuck to itself :grimacing:

Having somewhere to dry is a big deal! Can’t ignore any steps of the process without major detriment to the overall goal!

2 Likes

I can’t tell you how often I start getting tired of doing what I’m doing and sloppy and start half assing it And I’ve got to stop and say hey you’ve worked hard to get to this point - don’t screw it up now. finish strong

4 Likes

I am waiting for the fan

I got a usb fan with speed control
But the box I’m following only used 1

Did you use more than 1 fan?

I only used duct tape to seal the box off …haven’t made any holes or anything gonna wait for the fan to show up …
@deez I totally agree …made it this far and I have to try to make my final product worth all the time and effort …
I actually would rather use something else and will in the future …just in a pinch lol ughh

1 Like

@Lacewing duct tape to seal up all the joints and I believe it was a 3m brand double sided tape, thinner stuff, but very good tape nonetheless. I cut the straps in half down the middle to fit the ridges on the fan, it worked pretty well since they are still on there, haven’t turned them on in a while but I’d imagine they still run!

1 Like

Its a fulley!

5 Likes

I think I have the exact tape your talking about definitely using that

2 Likes

2 Likes

75F 52RH in the drying tent for now…a good start

1 Like

11 Likes

I had to save this picture it makes me chuckle everytime :laughing:

1 Like

I’ll admit it was a failed posting of a gif.

2 Likes

Got out this morning and watered/fed the last gold leaf, which is damn near ready, and the blue dream…oh the blue dream…needs some serious TLC…

Going to move her to the middle of the garden once the last gold leaf goes and pull all the branches out with stakes and/or field stones with mason line…there is just so much fan leaf material :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

1 Like

Nice chop! And like that custom second level rack!

2 Likes

Ty much @Joshmcginnis28 ! :grin:

3 Likes

I’ve been reading hanging the entire plant whole …without trimming fan leaves preserves flavor and gives an over all more even dry …

If I decided to go this route how and when would I do a bud wash??

1 Like

@Lacewing sorry for no reply here! I believe you we got you on your journal :ok_hand::+1::partying_face:

Chopping the last gold leaf today. She fell over again yesterday and still hasn’t lost any branches to her on weight but she is REALLY leaning hard :sweat_smile: its beyond time. Assembling supplies and getting to it.

The blue dream is moving along well, probably week 4-5…just got her out in the middle of the garden yesterday and will be able to give her the TLC she needs to make it the rest of the way!

2 Likes