Nitrogen toxicity

Why, if I may ask.
Inquiring minds want to know

You can use it 2 way. Leave it 12/12 and the buds ripped sooner. Shortening harvest time. Or increasing lights on time to get a bigger harvest. Iā€™m going for the bigger harvest.

3 Likes

Donā€™t let time fool you like it does the plants cause even the slightest bit of light can cause your plants to turn on you.
an thats a ( FACT )

1 Like

are you planning to increase time from 12 hours light to 13.5 hours light? are you that wont cause an issue? i wouldnt do it.

Heā€™s using far red to make it possible.

1 Like

@Daddy I was looking at your grow journal. Nice job! At 511 you had a pick next to a beer bottle and you wrote week 3 of flower. Is that from flip week 3. Im at day 11 since flip and nowhere near your pics.

Iā€™m not sure what you mean

@Newgrwr2018 yes itā€™s counted from flip to 12/12. Day 7-8 will be the first day I normally see first pistils edit : also one other thingā€¦ 72 degrees is usually the sweet spot for mj. I fight to keep below 75. I think you are running too warm

Iā€™m running CO2 with qb boards and strips. Isnā€™t it recommended to run it warmer? To keep leaf IR higher? First pistils were on day 2 on some day 3 on the rest. Iā€™ll be floored if my day 21 is anywhere close to yours

1 Like

This is what made me realize I need to maintain humidity in the 50s. By lowering the humidity to 40 the plants were stressed and some leaves curled. Itā€™s been 87- 92f 50-70rh in the room since week 3. No problems. Drop the humidity- leaf curl, and a few yellow leaves and random tip burn. Humidity is now set back where it was. I dropped the temp to 82-87. They seem happy. We will see

Post #154 you said you see red. And that the whole room looks like that.
Thatā€™s a big issue wright there

My fault. I was showing my far red leds. Thatā€™s an eod(end of day) treatment . Those turn on for 6 minutes 2 before lights out 4 after lights out to put them to sleep. Then itā€™s the darkest room Iā€™ve ever seen. @hangthebanksters Iā€™m watching your grow we are on the same timeline. Iā€™ll post updates Sunday.

1 Like

OK well im growing a new strain SxC which is heavily sativa dominant so they may take more time than yours to mature but good to knowā€¦

1 Like

Maybe, maybe not. Iā€™m doing eod(end of day) treatment. 13.5/10.5 which should extend flowering time.

1 Like

why do you want to extend flower time?

I want to increase bud size. The eod May extend it a few days. If I do 12/12 it should shorten it. So it stands to reason 13.5/10.5 would lengthen it. We will see.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure a 13.5/10.5 schedule would increase bud size?
I do know that maintaining ideal light spectrum/ intensity, temp, hum, nutes, pH and CO2 will increase bud size. Is there any evidence out there that a slightly extended photoperiod does this?

The far red thread and @Aolelon are who
Iā€™m going off of. Iā€™m sure either way 12/12 or 13.5/10.5 Iā€™ll be in the 8-10week range. But more light each day would be more photosynthesis= more growth. The dark period doesnā€™t change(10hours) since the eod(far red) is just removing/speeding up the 2hour fall asleep time. At this point Iā€™m doing all the others to the max(except nutes-1200ppm seems to work great) and pH is a guess at ideal(6.4-6.5)

im not sure it works that way

1 Like