Nitrogen Toxicity? Not sure... Need a pro

My bigger leaves are clawing… Nitro tox? Or just the strain… Ilgm strawberry kush

@Ntense da man! He did a beautiful job with this strain, maybe he has some input ?
-good luck

1 Like

You should start a grow journal.
With multiple posts, you will answer the same questions a few times, what soil, lights, nutes…
Start with a support ticket…post your questions in the journal…it’ll get read.

1 Like

Normal - curling (leaves) can also come from heat issues also. what type how much of N are you using ? (cal-mag, base nutrients’ ?)

1 Like

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile

1 Like

@steve2 I’m just using the fox farm big bloom and grow big at half the dose, using a mix of happy frog and ocean forest soil in 5 gal fabric pot they are 3 weeks as of yesterday so still fairly young… My heat has been pretty well under control between 70-79degrees…humidity between 40-59% hopefully it’s nothing serious… Thnks for the response

@kabongster thanks a bunch I will get on that…

@Paranorman he shared some pics with me they were beautiful thnks

Sounds like you are doing things right and with 5 gallon pot’s and Big Bloom/grow big i’m sure your harvest will be very good - keep informed !!

Sorry for the delay… Been on the road all day so it’s hard to respond. Leaves curling are not normal for this strain! They should be healthy and green. Let me take a look later tonight or in the morning when we get to our destination.

This was taken a couple days ago right after I sprayed the leaves, as you can see there is no curling. This is day 19 of going to 12/12. Not that it matters but this is a clone from the original ILGM seed.

Thanks!

3 Likes

If it is nute burn your tips will start to yellow. You could flush if you had to.

1 Like

I’ve been dealing with this for a couple of weeks. Been just holding back on food but I may need to flush.

How hot does it get in the tent

@Deebay0426 usually stays between 73-79 but yesterday when I woke up the tent had hit 90 for about a half hour or so… Think that could be it… As @rjw71 said if it was nute burn tips would yellow and they aren’t yellowing just clawing… I’m kinda stumped but am gonna do a flush tomorrow just to be safe… Guess time will tell best thnks for responses

I was thinking too hot but I’m just a newbie grower

If your medium temp is higher, 74+ , if you water with cold water you may see your leaves posture to be different till your roots temp equalize.

@anne36 being somewhat of a newbie myself I can only offer what I’ve done and worked or not worked for me on my last (which was my first) grow.

Ph levels, diligently check to make sure they are in the norm. Fluctuations can create issues. I don’t have a digital meter but use the old school bottle you place drops in and measures by color. Not as accurate as digital but gets the job done.

Nutes, I didn’t even start giving nutes until around week 4 since happy frog and fox farm are full of nutes. I decided to let the plant establish itself and then started at 1/4 strength and I actually never went to full strength since the plants were looking so healthy I decided they were receiving exactly what they needed. Just because a feed schedule says you can give more does not necessarily mean they need it, let the plant tell you when she needs something. I also only fed every other watering to every third watering… Again based on what I felt she needed.

Temps, sounds like your temps are spot on except for the 90deg spike. That actually could cause some curling but should be temporary unless it was extended and did damage.

I would back off the nutes to maybe 1/4 strength, give h20 only for the next 2 or 3 feeding since the soil is still nutrient rich. Best advise I can give is not to get in a hurry, let her tell you when she needs something and then only give it to her in moderation to find her tolerance level. Not all strains react the same way to the same schedules and feedings.

Your doing great and I promise the guys/gals on here will go out of their way to assist. Happy growing and keep us posted.

P.s. The strawberry clone I currently have is at day 20 of 12/12 and she’s getting 1/2 strength nutes and she’s happy. The diesel clone wants and gets a little more but again, different strain.

Regards

1 Like

@Ntense thank you so much… I think you are 100% correct… I’m gonna do it your way and see if she shows some improvements… She still looks pretty happy just them lower leaves clawing… Maybe if I back off and let her tell me I’ll be right on track… Thanks a ton to everyone

1 Like

She’s doing great… Actually I got licensed and registered today so I’m doing even better :+1:t3:… Thanks for all the help guys

1 Like

Hey Anne36 your grow looks good. I noticed the fan leaf closest to the light in your pic definitely has a curl- is that light to close and causing a heat issue right there or maybe creating a hot spot right there?
Just a observation on your pic.
Enjoy

1 Like