Nitrogen problem?

I have two amnesia haze plants at 5 weeks of flowering. One is fine but the other has moderate clawing and the leaves have a coppery tinge. I suspect over-feeding of nutes but also wonder if it’s getting root bound. So the questions are: if it’s a nutrient problem like nitrogen toxicity can it be corrected and if it’s root bound

should I attempt to repot it at this late point?! Photos were taken under the LED so the color isn’t accurate but you can see the droop and claw. image|374x500

Can you re-do your pic’s in natural light please. I can make any thing out

1 Like

At this point you shouldn’t be feeding any nitrogen.

Can you fill out a support ticket se we can see where you’re at and what you’ve been doing?

1 Like

Definitely looks like nitrogen toxicity like @Drinkslinger says. Here is the ticket for you to fill out, it can help us assess.

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA:

Age from sprout:
Age from flower:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

How often do I water and how do I determine when to water:

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS.

Indoor or Outdoor:

Room size:

Light system, size, height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Any other info you think is pertinent:

What’s your runoff pH and ppm?

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA: amnesia haze feminized. Bought from you guys

Age from sprout: planted 9/27
Age from flower: set to flowering 11/1 (after 34 days of veg growth)

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco? Soil in pots. Organic-no nutes mixed in

How often do I water and how do I determine when to water: water in morning every other day or as indicator shows dry

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? Unknown. Never had much run off. A few drops

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS. Used flora Nova bloom- 4-8-7

Indoor or Outdoor: indoor

Room size:3x4x 5 tall

Light system, size, height from plants: 2000 w LED

Temps; Day, Night: day-83, night 68

Humidity; Day, Night: around 40 at all times

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: yes. Holes in grow tents at top and lower sides. About 3 inch diameter each

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: none- small oscillating fan on low at all times

Co2; Yes, No: no

Pots are three gallon each. Used them for my last grow and seemed fine for them.

Reminder-one plant who has identical situation and care is fine. One plant is my problem child

Neil

Sorry. One questioned unanswered. Lights are 16 inches from plants

Awesome, thanks. @garrigan62 will have some nice notes on nitrogen toxicity if he’s in agreement.

Do you actively monitor and manage pH and ppms of the water you are adding to the pots and also measuring what comes out the bottom when you water?

@Sixpackdad
This is from a twelve pack friend lol
I’m always in agreement … all one has to do is ask … lol

2 Likes

I’ve never measured the run off. There was usually very little and I didn’t think to. At one point I gave it a full dose of nutes and think I overdosed it. I’ve been giving it straight water about once every third day for a week. I measure the moisture and it’s very moist about 4 inches down but is bone dry on top and sucks up any water I give it from below. There are holes at the bottom of the pot and I have it in a larger pan so I’d pour some in there and let it soak up from the bottom. I think I’ll stop that and just water from the top to see if there’s runoff and measure the ph. It looks a little worse each day. The small leaves at the buds like ok but any larger leaves are clawed. So is there any hope of recovery or is this girl doomed?

First, your plant looks really good so far and there is absolutely time to get her on the path. Managing your pH and ppms is key, and if you have those two down, most everything else will follow.

You will need a digital pH meter (one that measures liquid, not the soil) and ppm meter, as well as pH up and down. They are on this list here (amongst other stuff I have for my grow).

Do you have these things already?

If you go with a quality pH meter (not shown on my list, reference Apera for these), you don’t need to calibrate as frequently. If you go with the cheap units I show, then you should make sure you calibrate the pH meter frequently.

Last, don’t let a pot sit in water. You want to pour it in the top, drain it out the bottom, and discard.

Throwing a lot at you here. Don’t hesitate to ask questions, good luck!

3 Likes

Thanks, great advice and really encouraging that you think there’s hope for my girl. I’ll invest in a good ph meter like you suggest.
Thanks again!

1 Like