Nitrogen during flower?

I’m not clear yet on listening to their needs. I’m measuring PH in and out. It goes in higher and ends up lower. I’ve been hesitant to feed as I was growing in amended soil but now I think she is nitrogen deficient but we are in flower and I’m not sure if it is too late to add. The plant on the right is a few weeks younger and hasn’t yellowed - yet. Please help! This is my first grow and I’m so close, I don’t want to screw this up.

ILGM Purple Haze photo
-Age of plant Week 3 of Flower (18 weeks total)
-Method: Ocean Forest Fox Farms
-Vessels: Plastic 12 gallon pots
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff 6PH in 234 PPM in, Runoff 5, 393 PPM
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable 234 ppm
-Method used to measure PH and TDS drops/Milwaukee
-Indoor 4x4
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum Mars Hydro FC4800
-Actual wattage draw of lights 450
-Current Light Schedule 12/12
-Temps; Day, Night 60-80
-Humidity; Day, Night 45-70%
-Ventilation system; Yes AC Infinity
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; No

4 Likes

Nice job getting so many colas. I suppose they could get pretty hungry?
My bloom food has around 2/3 the nitrogen that my veg food has. I don’t know but something to consider… you’re around the edge of nitrogen calcium and magnesium absorbtion

3 Likes

You should be shooting for around 850 to 1k ppm right now. Do you have nutrients to feed them?

4 Likes

Your ppms need to be at least 800 to 1000 if youre that early into flower. Is that 3 weeks total of 12/12?

2 Likes

Your soil is only good for about the time it takes to veg it and you have to feed her from there on.

2 Likes

To me that looks like magnesium deficiency. I believe nitrogen would show on the bottom first and those are the greenest leaves. When mine looked like that a dose of cal mag helped alot.

2 Likes

Yes, I also have Fox Farm Trio. Today is feed day. Do I just keep adding Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom until the PPM registers between 800-1000?

1 Like

Yes. I vegged her a bit longer. I think we are heading into week 4.

I was wondering if I needed that! I’ve been watering with rain water only. What product do you recommend?

@GardenShoppe follow the direction on your bottle of nutes. After you mix your nutes in your water, check the ph and ppm. Your ppm might be 1500 but thats ok. Make sure your ph is around 6.5 if youre using soil. When you water, water enough to be able to catch the runoff at the base of container. Take that runoff and check your ppm and ph and get back with us. Btw rainwater is just fine to use.

Use the grow big Grow Bro, that’s your primary nitrogen source and feed the trio at 900-1000 PPMs and to liberal run off with the FF nutrients :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Im pretty sure most cal mags are similar. The one i use is made by botanicare.

1 Like

Ok, added WK 12 nutrients as listed on FF and PH is 6. I raised PH using a 1/4 of UP to a PH of 6.5. (Reason being is last runoff test the PH was low.) I measured mixture and PPM is only 430. Is this right? I thought it would get in the range for that week of 980-1190 when adding at the ratio listed? My Milwaukee T75 is new but I’ve never used one before.

So, the one on the left, Charlotte was fed PPM 430 @ 6.5 and the runoff was 550 @ 5.5. I don’t understand…. :face_with_spiral_eyes:
The one on the right was fed with PPM 360 PH 6, but runoff is PPM 520 /6 PH out . Why am I not seeing what I think I should see?

1 Like

Need to mix your nutes a little stronger. Also up your ph to about 7.0 going in. You want around 6.5 coming out. That ph is where the roots take up the nutrients. Dont try to slam it all at once though. Next water bump your nutes up till you reach 1200. Ph at at about 7. Then measure your runoff. Youre trying to balance everything out

2 Likes

My guess because 430 and 360ppm aren’t even as much as what’s still in your soil. When you fed you took out some acidifying elements into the runoff. Agreed with @ChittyChittyBangin just because my last full strength mix was 1400 minus around 200 for tap water ended around 1200 in

This is where I’m wondering about my meter being correct. I added in 3 teaspoons of Big Bloom and 1 teaspoon of Tiger Bloom in rain water that was reading 1 TDS. After adding nutes the highest it got to was in the low 400’s. Why am I not getting into the “range” by adding full strength nutes to 1 gallon of water? What does your meter read using that ratio? Thanks!

Whats your ppm of plain rainwater? Are you shaking your bottles of nutes before adding? What type of meter are you using? Double your meaurements next water and see what your ppm is. If your rainwater has close to zero ppms, adding the 3 tsp of nutes is only going to replenish what was missing. You would need to double your measurement

PPM of the rainwater is between 1-8. Yep, shook all bottles of nutrients. The meter is Milwaukee Waterproof TDS meter, brand new. I will play around with doubling and see if that raises it. I was afraid to add more than FF recommended because I have seen many people use 1/4 to 1/2 strength.

1 Like

I looked up magnesium deficiency and it starts on the older leaves. I thought it would show up top first. Sorry for the misleading info.

You could mix in a half gallon of water at full gallon rate. Once you have your reading you could add a half gallon of water to bring it back to recommend dose. I would be very hesitant to feed double recommend amount.