Nitrogen deficiency?

@garrigan62 you need a forklift or grow more of that killer bud for more friends , I hope your bring a small army with you.

Thanks for clearing that up. I don’t claim to be a nuet def expert but I know of one. @garrigan62 I should have researched it further before offering advice.I’m learning, I should have known after the deficiency that @Tr33 experienced.

Maybe a dose of Cal Mag would help for @mainah? Perhaps delivered with some ph’d water…

@gldeaton50, its looking like you both are right! haha. after just one treatment with sensi bloom plants are looking better, but @garrigan62 was right on the deficiancey i believe. I thank you both for the help!!! :two_hearts:

1 Like

Glad to be of any help I can.I just down loaded the grow bible and it has a good section on nuet deficiency. Hope all goes well for the rest of your grow.

Honestly, if you want to go natural then try some “fermented sugar beet molasses” – made by miricle-grow, it has 8% nitrogen and other nutrients that should fix your problem. It’s an organic all-natural plant food. If you want to go with an all purpose chemical just to get things moving you can use miricle-grows tomato plant plant food. Most tomato fertilizers will do a great job with marijuana. No need to worry, but you’ve gotta get moving.

Hello all I believe that I may be experiencing a similar issue to the original post. I am a first time grower and using this season as a more or less learning session for future grows. My issue seems to be that the lower fan leaves are beginning to yellow and some very few can eventually fall off once completely yellow if I apply a gentle tug. None of the leaves are wilting and/or drooping, but feel rather just thin and papery. I have read in posts that this is normal during flowering, but from other posts I’ve read it seems to be occurring too early into flower for me to feel appeased. Like I said this is my first grow so I have no clue to be honest how far I am into flowering other then the fact that I planted the seeds on May 13th and it is now September 4th. I am growing the strain trainwreck and one plant is amnesia haze. They are growing in 2 gallon fabric pots with fox farm potting soil. I live in New England particularly MA so the temperature and humidity here vary greatly throughout our summers. The water I use is just pure tap water and I have not added any nutes for my entire grow. Attached are pics of my girls. Any advice would be much appreciated.

2 Likes

@Cpaine. Are those pics of your girls recent? It looks like they don’t get enough sim for starters… I am also in Ma on the South Shore. My girls are from miscellaneous bags I found them in… I will try to upload a pic. It is from July tho. They are in 15 gallon pots that went out in the middle of May. They only get about 5 hours of direct sunlight.

1 Like

Yes they are recent, actually took them earlier today, and as for sun exposure I could def see that being a problem as I live in a rather shady area with trees covering most of my yard and casting a shadow over much of my land depending on when in the summer. I’m a recent college grad and still living with the parents. If it wasn’t for my mother’s biased disapproval I would definitely be placing them in an area for maximal sunlight, but unfortunately I am forced to place them in an area that is least likely to be stumbled upon.

the pot size is to small should be around 5g. give it bloom nutes in small doses more often. with a small root mass they cant take in alot start slow and bring dosage up.

I understand what your saying, and definitely felt like they needed a bigger pot, but was very weary of transplanting due to inexperience. I am regretting that decision now, but will give what you mentioned a try and let you know how I make out. Just ordered some fox farm bloom nutes from amazon and will begin feeding when they arrive

cool, you can make cuts n the sides and bottom and just burry the hole pot next time. i put a 3g. phat pot in a 7g phat pot and the ww loved it

I have 6 clones that started out in 2 gallon pots that are inside a grow tent… now they are in 20 gallon fabric pots! The root system will occupy any size container they are put in. Bigger pot, bigger stem, bigger buds!!

1 Like

Anybody have experience with Barney’s Farm Critical Kush? I am starting with 6 different strains to see what works for me, and my Critical Kush has always looked very light green. The other strains really are much darker and all have the same light, soil, pots, water, and nutes. Leaves are uniform, just very light in color. I wonder if this strain just needs more nitrogen than it’s getting? Or is it naturally just very light in color? Colas look great, so it’s not sick or anything, but it’s pretty short in comparison to the others.

@1BigFella can you start a new topic so we dont hijack this one

My new topic would be “Nitrogen Deficiency” so I thought this one was suitable. Are Nitrogen deficiency questions hijacking in a nitrogen dificiency thread?