NIPS Outdoor Plot

I planted marigolds, dill, catnip, peppermint all around this year, and my bug problems pretty much disappeared. Still have some but compared to last year, night an day difference. Will definitely be doing the same next year. @Nip even if you can put 1 marigold under each plant you should see a different.

2 Likes

@Nip @Cannabian this is my Grateful Breath being moved to its temporary home in the garage under a 1000 watt HPS for a couple weeks. Expecting snow flurries this week, and low 30’s, for 3 nights,and she ain’t ready.

6 Likes

With this year being so amazing for growing cannabis that would suggest you need to find a quicker strain!

2 Likes

I received her from a buddy, she was a mother for I don’t know how long, and she was in very rough shape when I got her. I have taken many clones. I will be flowering some indoors. Also have a couple as mothers that I will clone for next summer. Will see if that has anything to do with it, it is a killer strain, plus I will put it inside the greenhouse :thinking:

3 Likes

I wish you the best of luck with that. Im trying to clone the black Afghani but I fear it wont take. Its such a massive winner, I feel like I need to dig her up after harvest and attempt to reveg her do I can get clones. I just know Ill be inviting NATURE into the grow room but shes just that good of a plant.

3 Likes

Marigold seeds are pretty cheap, i heard about them repelling pests, I’ll try to plant some next year, I’m going to be alot of things different, I still had a good grow, I have plenty of Buds for the winter, and produced a couple of large Buds to show off !

3 Likes

That’s a Big plant, you definitely want it to max out budding, it’s time for the Cold nothing much we can do about it, no Flurries predicted but a couple of Frosty nights ahead, i have a good many Buds to pick from the Bruce Banner, I’m finished for the year, should be even better because it finished, Hopefully we don’t have all those weather extremes next year it was pretty rough growing

2 Likes

We’re you able to get some seeds from your Black Afghan, hopefully you can reveg and clone if not, I like that plant, Beautiful colors and it’s most definitely different than anything I have seen

3 Likes

Im probably going to have to dig it up with some popcorns on it and bring it in?

3 Likes

Do you have to leave the whole stalk and some limbs for it to reveg ? Reason I ask is there is a pinhole running through the stalk to carry water and nutrients through the plant, after harvesting outside the stalk breaks off after a few days

1 Like

I’m getting there, have a few more Buds to pick off the Banner :jack_o_lantern:

4 Likes

The stalks of my plants dont break off after an entire winter!

I cant even pull them up by hand and Im 210 pounds of chainsaw wielding man! No I think Ill be forced to chop around the rootball and pot it. Thats not an image of the stump of the keeper plant, I cant even see that stump lol.

5 Likes

That’s a tree trunk you have there, my stalks are not that thick after I cut the Buds it seems to die and snap off at the ground, Mabey i can grow myself a tree like that next year, My Banner was a tall plant but the base wasn’t all that big

1 Like

That was taken 2 months ago I should take another today and see if its bigger?

2 Likes

It should be even bigger, pretty tough plant’s when established , it’s starting to get cold there how much longer will you be able to keep them outside?

1 Like

Well its 60f in the shade, and quite a bit warmer in the sun. I had to pull all the tops off the outside plant today because the aphids are getting pretty bad. Last year it was caterpillars, this year the growing season has been stellar but the aphids are becoming a serious threat. The funny thing is the black Afghani plant is not attracting aphids, I can only suspect its due to the color? Which is another reason I want to clone the shit out of it. There is still at least a couple pounds of secondary buds on the plant, I just dont have the stamina to harvest and wash all of that in one day. So I chose the tops for today. The greenhouse plant seems impervious to the aphids and is getting really heavy, so it stays attached to the ground a week or so longer.
Oh nightime temps are around 38f to 40f so I think we have 2 weeks of grow left without any risk of bud rot.

3 Likes

That sounds good, I’m tired of washing Buds i been doing it all day, I have it all hanging up to dry , it’s pretty good i had myself a taste of green GSC today using my Bong and Lighter to make it burn It Lit me up after a couple of hits i put it down i have more than enough for my personal use and ill wind up giving some of my friends a sample , now ill be getting prepared for next year thinking about what I want to plant next year, mabey Durban Poison and Jack Herer i like those and they seem pretty easy to grow , I’m going to check out some Sunny hidden locations to plant, I don’t want to plant the same place 2 years in a row

3 Likes

I so enjoy reading your check ins @Nip
Had to laugh when you shared about all the bud washing you done today.
I plan to grow a Durban Poison this year our summer as you enter your winter.
maybe the first time in the ground.
I’m like you like to move my patches around each year.
Always nervous about the choppers that buzz our place so keep them more consealed than I’d like.
And really like it if the garden hose reaches them these days.
We’re I had them set up last year was such an epic crawling through tunnels of gorse bracken and blackberry runners.
At 60 end of a days work it was really the last thing I was wanting to do go crawling through my tunnels.
In saying that there is an element of it I enjoy
Til I remember how old I am lol.
I set up 6 x 56 lt bags in there last year.
Up stream up banks over and under logs.
It is tempting to go back in there as all my bags are still in there.
Water lines to each site.
All the works done really.
But then there’s the crawling. Lol
So far I’ve got 5 Auto’s on the go and as I’m writing this 3 photo fems are popping up out of the soil and got 3 clones in veg of previous years grow that a mate of mine keeps them going under lights.
Anyway as always enjoy following along on Your progress
Cheers

1 Like

Happy Birthday @Blackmoon , Hell Yeah my friend I’m also taking a risk growing my own weed! That’s Cool because buying something off the streets is also risky people are laceing with fentanyl, so ill take my chances

2 Likes

FB_IMG_1666965480069

2 Likes