Nine weeks in and still having issues

That’s the thing. I have no idea - nothing I have in there should be contributing to raised levels. In the last two days the monitor has been not working properly like displaying 10000ppm and when I tried to calibrate it 2200 outside. I called and they told me to return it. So now I’m not so sure it’s ever been working properly. Guess I’ll find out tomorrow.

I am definitely interested because this isn’t working for me now. I have, hopefully, 16 clones I’ll need to transplant in a week or so. I’ll do some digging on my own but whatever you’ve got to make this easier im all for it.

I use coco and personally I love it, I feed twice a day and do not flush unless I have an issue which is rare. You must be able to control environment regardless of methods. I use a 75/25 coco/perlite mix, some use more some use straight coco, difference is watering frequency. To get the most from coco some even water 4-5 times a day! You see issues and corrections fast, sort of like hydro. I use 3 and 5gal fabric bags and a dry 3 part fert. I will tag you into my journal so you can see a little of what to expect!

I had a bagseed do that to me that I could never fix after I over watered it and it was on the floor of the tent. Ended up scrapping it because my other plants were healthy and normal and on a schedule.

That’s super frustrating! I hope mine aren’t but they sure took a turn for the worst this past week or so. I think mine are on the side of under watering which is no good for the living soil.

@Joe44 hey I’ve been pretty sick and have had two surgeries since Thanksgiving and I’ve been neglecting my plants I went 10 days without watering and I got them back going but they were kinda light in color I figured out the critters in my soil were dead. Teas are what I was always told to use to replenish the soil with new life so I did some tea and they perked up but I wasn’t happy. The company I buy my stuff from recommend to get this stuff (link below) and sprinkle some on top of each plant and it would add the life back, this stuff is literally the living critters in a bottle. Good luck

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NBHCQHV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Alright I moved my lights away so they’re 26-30in and the leaf temps are still a couple degrees higher than the ambient. They grew overnight a couple inches so I’m wondering if some of these issues I’ve been having are due to the lights being so close. The ac is on and is holding at 73 while rh is staying 50-60. It feels pretty cold in there right now so I might bump the humidity up by 5%.

Watered with compost tea. They were looking a little droopy again but like they needed water so well see what they look like tomorrow.

If they aren’t showing anymore signs of death and it’s not spreading and they’re growing think its ok to flip them after a day or two more?

Thanks again!

1 Like

Man hope you’re doing way better! I’ll check this stuff out. Thanksa

I am getting better, cancer free again :grin: thanks. We’re all here still learning how to play with our toys and growing these weeds. That’s the fun part of this hobby I learn reading around here everyday. Hope you got it goin good now, good luck :+1: @Joe44

2 Likes

Just wanted to give a little update. Flipped about a week ago and they are stretching like mad. The dying issue is no longer an issue (until it is again) so I’m calling it good. Been watering about 6.3-6.4 with molasses and will be doing compost teas about every two weeks if they look like they need it. They are bushy as hell so my plan is to take some off starting next week or so take some clones with it. Need to read up on it.

1 Like

They look great @Joe44 glad to hear you stuck with the organic stuff you won’t regret it

Yeah I’ll def keep a couple organic but might switch to coco to get faster growth. You use earth dust right? Do you really not ph your water? I know my ph is about 7.8 so I’m not sure how that would work. Need to look through Dan’s info. I know he gives direction for coco too so maybe I’ll go that route.

Yes I use earth dust and no I do not check my ph if I see something is not right I add some plant probiotics and or make a tea from the E D and it corrects itself. I do check the ph and ppm of my tap water once a month just for peace of mind. My ph is between 6.3 and 6.6 the ppm is 260 - 280 this from a hose with an inline filter on it and comes from the tub faucet.

1 Like

Are there any issues with the main colas being lower and less sturdy than the side shoots? On several of my plants the side shoots have thicker stems and they are reaching farther than the mains like they will end up being the mains. Its really hard to get a pic but hopefully this is clear and it makes sense. Clearly I have a lot to learn from lst.

It’s perfectly fine as you grow more you will find many different weird things plants can a will do literally mutant like

Is this one a herm? It looks like a true herm as the same branch has pistils forming. I can try to get better pics but it’s difficult to get them that close. @MeEasy @Holmes

Looks possible, keep your eye on it over the next few days!

1 Like

Is this any more clear? Pics are so hard to get. How long do I have to wait? I’m nervous if it is a herm I’ll lose all my girls.

@Holmes can you check the last pics with possible herm please?

I’m gonna say those are man parts and you need to carefully pluck them and get them out of your grow area. I would take the plant out of your tent to remove them and spray all your plants down with a water and peroxide mix. Alot of the time a plant will produce more balls and or bananas so keep a close eye on them. Remember always spray plants while lights are off and if in flower shake off your buds of any excess moisture to avoid mold and mildew

2 Likes

I 2nd everything @MeEasy said, be sure to watch closely because there will be more!

1 Like