Nine weeks in and still having issues

Not sure what calmag you are using but alot of it will kill your soil critters

I have a tds pen. Can I use that the same way I’d check the ph with the soil slurry? I can make that happen later.

I’m using the roots organic. I’ll have to look into that.

Yes do a soil slurry and test the tds and ph.let us know your results we can go forward from there. Until then don’t make any changes.

You can use dolomite or garden lime for calmag. Once you get your living soil right you can pretty much throw away your ph pen, I don’t mean that literally but I check the ph of my tap water probably once a month just to make sure they didn’t screw something up. As long as your tap water ph is within 1 of 6.5 and you remove any chlorine with a filter or allowing it to evaporate you don’t need to check it. My tap water is 7.2 - 7.5 and I haven’t checked my ph in like 3 weeks and then a month before that

Will do! Thanks!

My tap water is shit. Super high in iron and very hard. After filtering I’m still at 300ppm. I’ve been using ro that is generally around 7.3 and I lower it with like two drops of acv. If I transplant next week can I just add those as an additional amendment?

Yeah depends if you want to go living soil route or not. I prefer my indoor garden to be coco with salt based nutrients as it’s very efficient to grow big phat buds.
Soil is down a different path but it takes alot longer to grow in soil and I prefer it for in the ground photo grows in good climates, which where I live is not ideal.

Are you using living soil? That’s really close to the same as my water and I have an adapter on the faucet in the tub so I can use a water hose and a little $20 in-line filter and I water straight out of the hose. Yes hydro and coco is a faster way to grow but I don’t mess with ph i don’t have to flush before harvest and the taste is great

1 Like

I’m not a pro with organics there’s a guy on here that from what I’ve read he knows what he’s saying if I knew his name I would tag him. I do remember reading something on RO water and living soil, I’m thinking that could be where things got off track. Maybe these guys know who I’m talking about because I believe he’s a moderator
@imSICKkid @Covertgrower

1 Like

That’s exactly what I’m looking for. Yes I’m using NLS but it’s my first grow. I asked the guy that owns the company if I could use ro and he said yes but I’d need to supplement with calmag so that’s why I’m where I am. I just hooked up a sediment and two carbon filters and that’s what I’ll be using from now on. Later tonight ill still do a slurry test to check soil ph and tds.

The living soil growers are @ patchman, @ Budbrother @ GreenJewels and @ Mrcrabs. There are a few others, but those are the ones I tagged earlier. Lol

1 Like

Yeah see I don’t have much experience in organic stuff I just switched over and finished 1 grow so I don’t want to tell you something and not be right. Plus I’m on so many drugs right now it crazy, I’m in the middle of a battle with the big C word and I’m having problems remembering names of stuff I had to look up dolomite awhile ago lol these guys should be able to help out good luck I’ll be watching i might remember part of it and learn with you

2 Likes

Yeah you need to vent it. If your sealing it for c02 you really dont have too. That is for more experienced growers who have it all dialed in and are. You’ll gonna have root issues which IMHO are gonna cause a shitload of issues and your seeing that now. Whatis the purpose of the seal?

There’s no way I can get enough air exchange for the size of room without it being glaringly obvious. @ValiumZ

1 Like

People do grow in sealed rooms but generally during flower with c02 supplemented to environment and I myself have never worked with it. No air exchange will be an issue.

@Holmes @merlin44 @Nicky @Newbiegrower251 @JaneQP @Covertgrower

Just tagging everyone so hopefully some one can help me correct this. Maybe I should be asking the guys in the living soil section too? Here’s the results from the slurry. What now?

I checked my “new” water and the tds is 270 and ph 7.9.

I’m trying to think about how I could make it work. I have an idea just need to run it by my partner.

1 Like

@Joe44. I’m not growing in NLS so what worked for my 2 year old bag of opened potting soil in the shed may not work for you. I don’t want to lead you astray and I am sure someone more knowledgeable will soon respond. Best wishes.

So your soils way to high of PH and it has no nutrients I it.

Mix up a 10 gallons of ph’d water to 6.3 ph
Run it through your plant (just sit it in the sink or the tub) heck maybe do 15 gallons.
Then pour 5 gallons of a feed ph’d through it your plant will love you