Nine days in9. Raised par

How many worms in each pot

@Toffnkbl, I think your plan was good. Mix it together, and add some water. You want it saturated but not dripping. You should be able to take a handful of soil, when you squeeze it, only a couple drops should come out. But the soil should clump into a ball and not crumble. That’s the right water content for “cooking”. And by “cooking” I just mean you water it, and wait. The biology will all start to come alive. A longer “cook” is better, but a week will be better than nothing.

As far as the worms, you don’t need a lot, they will adjust their population to suit the amount of soil and resources. If you ever hunted for night crawlers as a kid to can probably score enough to get you started. Otherwise you can order them from Uncle Jim’s.

3 Likes

Ok currdogg i got the 4 pots done with about 9 red worms in it.i put about a gallon of water in each and i have them sitting in my basement.i did 2 autoflower and 2 photos

1 Like

The soil ended up being about 80% ffof not the 50 50.

So i just let the soil sit in basement not the growroom?

1 Like

Yep, whatever is convenient, just let ‘em hang out now until you’re ready to transplant. :+1: :potted_plant:

Looks good 18/6 light cycle is it

Yes mam

Thx i will keep u updated if u dont mind.

1 Like

Shouod i have the fans blowing on the girls?they r moving them a little.

@Toffnkbl, you don’t need it blowing right on them. If your leaves are fluttering from the breeze a little bit, that’s enough.

Ok tyx u r the man.

Ok currdogg thats at 2 weeks.the 2 on tge left r blueberry photis and the 2 on tge right r white widow autos.what u think.

1 Like

Looking good! They’re close to transplant time, how do the roots look?

Can u call me if i give u .y number

Ill post a oic in a second

I don’t think the site allows us to share personal contact info…. I don’t think you’d want your personal number up in public on the internet anyway, too many weirdos.

Let me see those clear cups, I can share some pics of my own to help walk you through the process of you need.

Ok give me 20 minutes and i will send u some pics.but regaurdless i gotta transplant friday cause im leaving on vacation and housesitter is gonna water

1 Like

You could transplant today, and I definitely would for the autos. If they become root bound in the solo it can stunt them.

So here’s what I like to do. Before I pop the plant from its current container, I fill the bottom of the new pot with soil, and set the plant inside, to use as sort of a “measuring stick” to figure the right level for the new pot. When filling the new pot, don’t compact the soil down.

I like to cover the rim of the pot with my fingers, so that the stem is between my middle and ring fingers. While supporting the plant this way, turn the pot upside down, and with my other hand press on the bottom of the cup with my thumb. It usually slides right out into my other hand at that point.

Now supporting it with both hands, turn it right side up, place in the new container (centered and vertical as possible) and fill. Again, do not compact the soil down. Once about halfway full, press down gently on the root ball to “seat” it - you can still make small adjustment to how it sits in there at that point.

Once full to the level of the old root ball, tap the new pot on the ground a few times to settle everything or shake the sides of the pot if working with a fabric container. You’ll probably need to add a bit more soil after.

Don’t forget the plant tag.

1 Like