đŸ˜ș. Nicky's Autopot Coco ExperimentđŸ˜ș

I never thought of that! Good idea haha

1 Like

Haha use that trick every day lol
 my level has a strong magnet that catches the studs and screws 1 of the plus sides of working in commercial buildings none of the framing is wood any more

3 Likes

Could be an older home where they used lath & plaster stud finders don’t like that too much. I believe my wife was a good stud finder in her day. Hey she found me!!!

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: great 1

3 Likes

My best stud Finder by a long shot is a $6 cheapo I got from Lowes or something in a pinch. It’s never missed (although I have after it told me where to drill :joy:)

6 Likes

Hahaha good one my friend! Made me laugh first thing this morning :grin:

4 Likes

Yea im using a cheapo one lol. Ive put atleast 10 holes in the wall with my drill because the stupid thing keeps telling me theres an edge :man_shrugging::man_facepalming::unamused: lollol

1 Like

Thats because you probably looking for concrete edges :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Once you think you found the stud tap down the wall to find the solid sounding spots spots with no studs will have a little hollow sound

2 Likes

I really believe we should take a trip 2 canada and hook Nick up we got the trades needed 4 anything in the forum lol

5 Likes

Seriously right? We could all get together n build a house REALLLL quick :sunglasses::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

A nice ass house with a secret grow room like @BobbyDigital got it

3 Likes

That is a lot of BTUs there :+1: I am not sure if your place is set up like mine. I just ordered one of these to hopefully block off the front of the place from the rear. Reviews were good and price is right. Shouldn’t mess with my PM either. It comes monday. So I can tell you what I think some time next week.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09LV1Y3GZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

:man_facepalming::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Nice!

1 Like

We will all build a cabin in the woods for when shit hits the fan. We can be a grow community of weed veggies and crops like corn wheat and hemp. Then we can hunt and chop wood as a group, go get a couple bears and build a big freezer. Keep a couple bacon bigs around for eating the compost.

It will be heaven
 Or hell lol.

6 Likes

Lolol sounds like youve thought about this once or twice!! Wicked smart idea though having the cabin in the woods and living off the land if ishh hits the fan!

2 Likes

It’s how I grew up actually

My dad lives on 400acres 15min up a remote logging road in a small town.

It’s a lifestyle
 Most people have no idea the amount of work and money it costs, he was a dentist as his day job. But a hippy at heart

3 Likes

Sounds perfect 2 me and like a playground 4 sure. Im down 4 the community. With enough solar panels we will be set. Our only issue will be 2 handle the cold weather we will need lots of wood

2 Likes

The cold is the worst, its when everything breaks down. Using a stove that was properly designed is so important I would say most wood stoves I see are a novelty item, my dad has this stove it’s worth like 4000$ but worth every penny

Proper house design becomes very important when you understand how energy works. Always south facing windows and lots of big windows. Very high insulation values and run 50 weigh durroid tar paper around everything because otherwise ants and mice eat through the house.
The amount of stuff in people’s head to learn how to make things easier living off grid is crazy. I’m an a newb compared to my dad of course. It’s funny to see these new hipster couples that go buy a remote chunk of land and start to learn from scratch, at least they have smartphones now so alot of better info out there but all the newbs are making videos to so alot of terrible info out there.

The majority of our population in North America would die within the first handful of years if things really collapsed. Most don’t know how to preserve food, or grow food in the wild without fertilizer or power, fewer and fewer people know how to butcher animals after they hunt it.
Don’t get me wrong lots of super well rounded people out there but definitely a small fraction of the population.
. Here in Canada most people wouldn’t survive after diesel/gas went stale. People would go rouge when grocery stores went empty, and once that happens everyone’s a threat and it would be mass chaos for a while.

I definitely will never live in a city with more than 100k people and I keep my tank full in my car (habit) and have firearms and a jump bag. My trailer is stored on a remote farm for a reason and not in a big storage facility. I’m starting to build a group of friends that are in the same mindset.

I know how spetic finds work, I’ve grown massive gardens, canned, hunted, butchered, used a sawmill, ran heavy duty equipment, cut alot of fire wood, I can do electrical, Im mechanically inclined (although don’t know new fuel injection and computer stuff), I’ve planted hundreds of trees, mushroom farmed, fought forest fires for days on end, ran water lines, idk like I did all that stuff by the time I was 14
thrn I moved into the city and into a role where I only use a couple skills.
Now that I talk about it I am sorta sad because I could have been much better at just about everything lol but I had to go to the world and get a job and an education to get a better job then I moved to a bigger city and now I don’t use alot of my skis because I’m stuck at work most of the time just doing safety stuff lol

But owning a piece of property is a full time job, you rarly leave it, it consumes you and your money. Most people just don’t understand what it takes to live outside of the system. I sorta like living inside the system but me and my girlfriend want to be on the grid but prep for being off it and live out of town a bit.

Few people even have books on basic things, when the grid goes down so will all your digital search engines. I’m guilty myself but I’ve started to build up a few key books. I had a whole cabin prepared, well me and my brother, at my dads house but it’s much to far and we don’t speak anymore so I have to now start from scratch hence why I’m thinking of just using my house and balancing city/rural life. Be on grid but all off grid backups. Saving for a house now.

5 Likes

You not lying at all. Society would be screw if things was 2 hit the fan. I do want a cabin off grid just to getaway from the city and have fun you know hunt, ride quads and stuff. Im a city guy but the army thought me well that my family would be good if anything where to hapen

4 Likes