đŸ˜ș. Nicky's Autopot Coco ExperimentđŸ˜ș

Just to clarify this is not my concern, I work in the oil and gas industry and have worked around very high pressure vessels full of hydrocarbons that are essentially giant bombs. When the right equipment is used, following a laid out step by step procedure, double checking each step, very high hazard tasks can be completed safety day in and day out.

However I did get a press first and I don’t feel like blowing a couple thousand dollars on a blasting system when I have concerns about the hydrocarbon residue from a shed tech setup.
Rosin has its own challenges for sure and it frustrates me because it seems to lean more on the art then the science part at times I feel. Altering plate temps, pressures, and press times based on strain and input numbers can be frustrating. Then the curing process can vary depending on the product you get out.

I tagged @Ladithief because I know he’s working in this space as well so just figured tagging another member with experience wouldn’t hurt, that’s all.
From the rosin extraction groups I’m in on other platforms dry ice is simply a no no. Any professional hash maker will say the same thing, dry ice is a faster process that produces a larger yeild of a lower quality because the plant becomes so cold that it contaminates the hash, of course an experinced dry ice hash maker will do a good job but it will never be water ice hash quality.

Sasquash is one of the top rosin press companies out there:

Hightimes interviewed award winning hash makers all of whom do not use dry ice, and we never seen people like Frenchie use dry ice:

Very true, lungs are very sensitive things though and as someone who is already in consultation with double lung transplant teams I know that lungs are one of those things your not likely to get a cure for. Double lung transplants are some of the hardest transplants to do, and those that do get them have a 50% survival rate after a handful of years. Few live anymore then 10, your on immuno suppressant drugs the rest of your life and your life is extremely limited.
You have a much better chance getting a liver and surving that lol.
Although I have had GERD (chronic acid reflux) and that is life tearing to really really sucks.

Now with rosin your still consuming lipids wich can be very dangerous in its own right.

Cannabis is littered with risks and long term side effects.

@Covertgrower how much is a lab test around you? I’ll pay for you to send a sample In as I am generally Intrested

2 Likes

I haven’t approached the subject, and if I did, I would have to make some calls to figure out who is able to do the testing. I’ve never considered doing it, so I haven’t reached out to anyone.

2 Likes

If your game find out and if it’s not something stupid I’ll pay for it.
Cheaper for me to do that and learn then to buy a whole rig, learn it, test my own and then find out its not able to be to the quality I am comfortable with.

1 Like

Oh wow so sorry. That is heart breaking. :cry::cry:

Eh minor setback, they were only in veg still and my closets overflowing with cured flower so I’m not ruined but thanks for your condolences on the dead girls in my back room lol

I got you. I just haven’t seen him on here in year so. For what it’s worth, I have also met him. In fact, I helped him carry his closed loop system to his truck lol.

This sounds about right, but isn’t the same process in a closed loop system. There is no hash making to do.

On a side note, there are professional hash makers? I wonder what they did prior to drive them into this for a profession? Process is so daunting i think I would rather shovel cow :poop:. Especially for what I believe to be a less desirable product.

3 Likes

Out of likes @dbrn32

He’s over on our other site so I talk to him there, seen some of the members still come over here so wasn’t sure.

When we were talking dry ice I strictly was meaning towards hash washing, in a solvent setup of course use dry ice unless your using nitrogen.

Ide love a nitrogen setup, it’s an inert gas and keeps things as cold as they are going to get.

There are indeed professional hash makers, cannabis is big buisness now. Heck frenchi was.

I don’t think hash its self is a great product but concentrates are when done well.

I still to this day think smoking flower out of my volcano is the best experience of potency and true flavour.

Maybe smoking live bubble hash out of my volcano would be a better experince
 But I find rosin more potent but the flavour is never as good as flower even when I buy federal legal live rosin
 It’s hard to find and expensive but so far I find all concentrates don’t taste as good as flower.

I’m on a tolerance break and I really shouldnt smoke anything but I do enjoy the volcano so much with some nice cured flower in there dang nom nom nom

2 Likes

From your link:

This could be due to the fact that more plant matter is susceptible to finding its way into your kief/sift

The article surmises an increase in plant material but haven’t provided any proof. I’ll stick with dry ice myself.

5 Likes

Yeah a lab test would be needed to be done to compare washes.

I have seen some pretty horrific washes from people who don’t know what they are doing on both sides. Green hash from using a drill or other power tools on the ice water hash side and green dry ice sift.

1 Like

My state is legal to purchase medically and recreationally. Pressed rosin was probably the easiest of extract to find at dispensary here, and is usually a little cheaper because not as high of demand for it. Although place I typically go said they probably won’t carry as much because they don’t sell as much as other products. I wouldn’t call it cheap, but is usually less than distillate, bho, or suprcritical products.

4 Likes

Intresting.

Very few places in Canada at the legal level produce rosin or live rosin.

Correct me if I’m wrong here but it seems easier to turn sub par flower into fire solvent concentrates with big fancy lab setups then it is to make fire rosin.

Distillates are the big sellers here

2 Likes

I’m sure this is 100% based on demand. If the demand was there wouldn’t matter how easy or difficult the process is. If process is indeed more difficult but demand is high, they would just charge more for it.

The fact that it is around at some level, but not a lot of people making it, to me says that majority of people don’t feel the same way you do. But this may be more of a geographical thing too.

3 Likes

Oh I know most people don’t have the concerns I have, most people will smoke any concentrate they can get, the higher it gets them the better and that’s why solvent extracts are so popular because distillates filled with terps added after the fact is as close as you can get to shooting straight thc to your brain that tells your senses it tastes like grapefruit gummies or whatever your flavour is lol.

Most stoners don’t think about the long term health effects of the drug let alone anything else health wise about it. Other than it gets them stoned and they like it or those out there that belive its a cure all.

I am the minority I know lol

1 Like

Man those things looks scary. Id be scared handling something like that in my shed or place

1 Like

Nicky, what temp do you set your volcano to?

2 Likes

Depends if you have a digital or a dial.
I’m just under 6, after I looked at terp Temps and the dial to temp conversation images I figure that’s a great place for the best flavour to extract terps and still have smoke thick enough but not so thick it’s hard on the lungs.

2 Likes

I’ve grown sub par flowers, and extracted them, and I assure you, it sucks more. It sucks because you had the hope of fire bud to begin with only to be disappointed as a harvested flower. Then compound it with spending way too much time playing with dry ice to get a completely piece of S*** extract as well as a waste of my time and money. I’ll never do that again.

6 Likes

:arrow_up: subpar flower turns into edibles. That’s it for me. Seems like the only way.

4 Likes

I was talking about big operations not our systems.

@Pheno

Here we are, next Sunday I’ll update

1 Like