Next step from here?

Yeah only 100 watts, need something more like this in the Spider Farmer family

https://www.amazon.com/Spider-Farmer-SF-4000-Dimmable-Spectrum/dp/B07TXFR69M/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=spider+farmer&qid=1585436008&sr=8-5

3 Likes

i have that light

1 Like

The 1000w I posted or the one @Hellraiser posted? And how do you like it?

Yea, no way I can afford that at the moment. Is this what is necessary for one plant? Or what cutting it back to one plant make things easier?

1 Like

I cant really add much on your media. I dont grow in soil or coco

the cheap one

i like it. i also have an hlg cheapskate version and a light from up dayday. plus the shop lights. if i had known better i would have gone to HLG lighting and gotten the right lights for what i already spent. its not that you cant make it work cheap its what kind of outcome you want. i am happy with whatever i dont kill

i am not out to flood the market with extreme gardening i just like growing weed for my own head

2 Likes

Okay. I definitely would like to get a better light eventually haha if I would have seen those kits on the spider farm I would have done that from the beginning. I will definitely upgrade soon and am fine with ehh results this go around and have same goal of just not killing it haha

1 Like

i am on my second grow. the spider farm is better than my other 2. i soo want a light called electric sky. its so beautiful. i wont spend 600$ on a light yet. wait till you see what happens when you finish your harvest. i got so hooked on growing i cant take a break and my perfect growing weather isnt even here till august

1 Like

I think the others are giving you great feedback. The reason they are all concerned about your light is because of what you’ll be looking at in harvest potential. A well setup 3x3 is capable of producing a pound of dried/cured bud per grow. It’s not going to matter really if you have 1 plant or 9, that will only change the amount of time you will spend in veg to build a full canopy. Although for newer growers I would definitely recommend running less plants until you have a good understanding of how they grow, transition, and ultimately produce. In order to maximize the potential of the space, it first needs to be full.

From there you need to excite photosynthesis. That means light, water, and co2 from you. They talked about getting an exhaust for air exchange, that will cover co2 replenishment. And the water is easy is right? That leaves you with light… it looks expensive, but you really can’t afford not to have a good light. When you look at cost of things like seeds, nutrients, medium, and of course power, they’re all expendable to each and every grow. A good led fixture will last you several years and probably triple your harvest potential on each and every grow. Not sure of cost of weed in your area, but pretty safe to say a couple ounces worth would buy the light most of us would recommend, and you’d be set up to potentially grow a couple pounds per year.

If you simply don’t have the money, no sweat. We’ve all definitely been there. But make it a top priority to set aside the cash asap. Just grow with what you have until you can do it right.

9 Likes

i follow your posts because when i can afford it i want to build a light too. its the money thing its always the money thing.

5 Likes

Building will save you $ too, and you know I would be happy to help.

2 Likes

Okay so this light will be fine for a grow or two until I can upgrade? Just won’t be to the fullest potential?

3 Likes

i spent 159+ 120.+.149 = 428$ for lights i probably should have checked with u first

2 Likes

Exactly.

I don’t remember off the top of my head what size your grow space is. But you can build a real nice light for $400. A lot of times there are some opportunities to build in stages too. So you could build half a light to get you going, then the other half later.

3 Likes

What kind of things and process would be done to build a light? There any good links or anything like that explaining how it’s done easily? And would you be able to build a good light or better light than I have around $200-$250?

1 Like

Plenty of them, check out growmau5 or greengene’s garden on youtube. I would plan on around $300 to build for a 3x3. Maybe a little more or less depending on how handy and resourceful you are.

3 Likes

Do I need to do a flush??

That plant is a little small to flush. Did you just transplant? I would like to see it in natural light if at all possible.