Next size pot is way to tall

My vegging plant is 3 mos old from seed.
she is in is 18" high 17 gallons.
The roots are coming out the bottom.
Can I replant her in an elongated box that will hold 60 gallons. How can I get her to stretch her roots sideways? The next container is 60 gallons but it is 20 inches high but 5 feet wide
If I get a 60 gallon container like the one she is in it will limit her growing space above her?

2 Likes

Personally I dont think I’d transplant at this point. The roots growing out shouldn’t be an issue they will “air prune” themselves. Great looking plant in my opinion! Other more experienced growers may reccomend different

3 Likes

I agree with @,Newbiegrower251,leave it where it’s at.The roots won’t be a problem.

3 Likes

I have taken a total of 22 clones from her in the last 2 months trying to keep her from getting to thick. 1 of them i put in a 12/12 lighting booth she began to flower within a week. She has 40+ buds around the size of my fist digit on my thumb now!
These are 2 more in the room with the mother.

2 Likes

If you purchase the fabric pots you can roll the sides down if you like. Plant looks good ,17 gallon pot should support your plant fine.

4 Likes

These two are about 20 inches tall.
The one in flower is 36 inches tall.
The othe 19 are between 9 and 14 inches tall.
Will begin main-lining all of these next week.
And take the clips from those to pots.
I bought 5 seeds 3 moths ago still have 3 left!
Seems to be a good strain!

2 Likes

I am sewing up 20 1 gallon fabric pots tomorrow.
For the smaller clones bought 2 10 gallon pots yesterday for the two in the above picture.
Is it too late to put the one in flower in a 10 gallon pot.

You can buy really large fabric pots for very little money, and they’re very shallow compared to their width. We’re talking ~$25 for a 50 gallon sack made out of ideal material and fitted with webbing for handles.

2 Likes

Handles would be great, shallow is what I need thanks

1 Like