Next grow - auto-flowers, living soil, no-til in 15 gallon pots?

Hey all - planning my next grow that I will begin in next few weeks and changing it up a bit.

Starting a no-till living soil grow (indoor) and the minimum pot recommended for such a grow are 15 gallons.

I also read everywhere that the recommended size for autos is 3-5 gal.

Is it possible to grow healthy autos in 15 gallon pots?

1 Like

You sure can. Of course some say J may go alittle overbord :wink:

1 Like

I don’t see how you couldn’t. If you have the room and don’t plan on moving the plant, go for it…

2 Likes

Do you suppose the autoflowers would waste all their time trying to spread their roots out in all that room instead of building up? I can’t really imagine why they wouldn’t just do their thing either way. Just wonder how much growth will be down vs up

3 Likes

According to the “420 scene” on YouTube bigger the pot the better for autos. He says 7gal at the very least, 10-15 is best. He grows some big autos to so :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

That’s interesting to know. I’ll have to test that theory out myself. I have plenty of 10s I never use, and a grip of autoflower seeds.

2 Likes

Mine in 5gal always give twice or more then mine in 3gal so I believe there is something to it. Idk how far be for it starts to diminish, I’m sure there’s a limit at some point…

1 Like

Agreed, but probably a pretty big pot before diminishing returns. Thanks. Always helpful insight. :100:

2 Likes

You are going to have so much fun growing with a no till system and the results that you will get are going to be the best u ever had probably

2 Likes

What am I missing here?
What is a “no-till” system ?
I no what it means for the outside garden, but how do you till a pot?

2 Likes

Its hard to explain go to you tube and have a look at a channel called build a soil they explain it there thats all i can say sorry

2 Likes

I’ll check it out when I get home this evening, omw to work now. But this is what I always heard no-till to mean. Essentially, ever pot would be “no-till” :man_shrugging:
“No-till farming - Wikipedia” No-till farming - Wikipedia

1 Like

I got over 3oz off an auto in 5 gallon last year. I may have as much or more coming off of an auto in a 1 gallon in a few days. But last year was soil outdoor, this grow is Coco indoor.

2 Likes

Yea - that’s what I am looking forward to. I hear the hero’s gets better with every round as the soil matures.

I got the recipe from Build-A-Soil and some of the products. They are impressive.

They have alot of good products for what i have seen in there videos and they help you on Instagram aswell they are good

1 Like

My thoughts exactly :thinking:

1 Like

That was my concern and reason I posted to begin with. I can always plant 2 in each 15 gallon pot - does anyone have experience with doing this? Or should I scrap the autos and just plant photos?

1 Like

Ding ding ding!

1 Like

Outta likes but :+1:

1 Like