Next grow and im finally a bit experienced lol

hey guys and gals , time for my second grow . glad the first went so well and hoping the second will be even better. i spent most of my first grow improving equipment . im doing 2 nyc diesel x afghani and 1x quebec durban . im going a different way this time with nutes. i used general hydro last time and they were excellent. but im going with a bit of natural dry amendments this time. going to follow my man mr canuck. got some gai green all purpose ,and some gai green bloom dry amendments. i mixed some in the soil to start with canucks recipe and also added some worm castings. i got some bone meal already and going to pick up a few other natural products. im going to keep it natural as long as possible and see how this compares to the first run .

6 Likes

Good luck on your 2nd grow. May it be full of fruit. :+1:

2 Likes

Yup im here and watching as well. Best of luck. And i hope u like the dry amendments. Cost effective :+1:t5:

2 Likes

Good luck with this one!

1 Like

Dry amendments work by… watering them in? Seems much easier than trying to mix with water

1 Like

@Carol4486 I used happy frog dry amendments for veg and dr earths flower girl bloom. I got some good smoke from using just that and water. Happy growing gromies! This is my first harvest, outdoor as well.

5 Likes

Nice beezy

2 Likes

Yea you start by mixing them with the soil , so many scoops per gallon of soil. And later on you just sprinkle on top and mix a little bit with the top inch of dirt. The one I use is all natural , so it has kelp meal and bone and blood meal and a ton others. The only difference is it needs to be broken down by the soil to be used. Liquid nutrients are instantly available. Once I get a good root ball I will start with teas to help the microbiology in the soil thrive. Upside , it’s more natural and don’t really have to flush and supposedly better tasting product. Downside , slower growth and if you let the soil dry to much the microbes can die and you will need to kick-start them again.

3 Likes

Frosty buds. Here’s some the ones from my first grow of GSC with liquid nutes

7 Likes

Classic strain need to do that soon. So many.

1 Like

Yea it was a pretty flawless grow. I couldn’t do no wrong with the plant lol. I guess a picked a good strain to start with. Well I guess that isn’t true. They were genetic hermies lol , but couldn’t avoid that one. Stayed vigilant removing the sacs and ended up with about 40 seeds out of the whole thing. And only on the outer edges of the biggest buds. I’m going to save them . You never know when someday it’s all you have for seeds and want to see how they turn out. I know they have Hermie traits now but you never know.

2 Likes

The gsc is classic for many reasons.

Nice looking buds. I can’t wait till my GSC is ready for harvest.

Well here is my first pic. I tried something new and just planted the seeds directly in 1.5 gallon pots. I skipped the glass of water and the Solo cups. I figure with what I know now about watering I can keep them in check. One seed didn’t sprout

so I’m left with both of my diesel x Afghani. I debated on starting another seed , but I think 2 will work. I’m planning on growing these buggers huge. I gave them just quarter of a measuring cup each of water for the first few days ,and on the 5th day I watered the soil with marine phytoplankton . Hoping to bring this soil alive with microbes. It seemed to work because there growing way faster then my GSC did.

4 Likes

If u still have the seed that didnt sprout, toss it in a cup of water for 12 hours then paper towel for 12 more. What do u have to lose at this point? :joy:. Congrats on the new babes

1 Like

Holy poop these plants are growing quick. They are definately outgrowing my first grow for speed. I don’t know if it’s the amendments, phytoplankton or the strong lights . But look at the difference in 6 days and this is with a topping .

2 Likes

And also for another little sidetracked update. Anyone who followed my other journal ,knows I gave my brother some plants I couldn’t fit in my grow. Well one didn’t make it because it was bad genetics from the start. But the other made it. It was planted in our pei brick mud . It was watered non ph,d water and it fed with some crappy generic nutes that was left in the back of my dad’s barn. This is what became of it. It was M39

5 Likes

another little update. so im doing a little lst early this time. got the little munchkins all bent up. what a difference in phenos in this strain. its like there completely different plants. one plant is super short with tight nodes and is putting more energy in making new tops, and the other one is almost 4 inches taller . everything about it is longer. i still am not sure which is better. with the gsc they were super tight nodes , and the outcome was colas that almost went from the dirt to the top. but they were so tight that i couldn’t really manipulate them. so we will see what happens with a looser node plant.

4 Likes

another update. one of my plants is definatley on steroids or something lol. if it wasnt bent over. it would be about 14 inches from the pot . im curious how big it would have been if i didnt top it lol. i topped all its new leading stems so i will have 12 main tops already.the other one is just a straight bush .im super happy were they are with only 20 something days from sprouting. another month and they should be monsters. im going to let these plants become giants. i can allow them to hit about 5 or 6 feet in total .

4 Likes

That super vigorous one sounds like a keeper pheno. Love when they grow like the devils chasin em

2 Likes