Newt’s Grow Journal (´◡`) (Part 1)

Harvest congratulations! Beautiful buds!!

2 Likes

Thank you all! Greatly appreciated!

5 Likes

Way to go Newt that’s a mighty fine lookin harvest :pray::muscle::100:

3 Likes

If anyone is interested Ed Rosenthal has some new seeds that he is giving away with either of two book combo packs or with the pre-order of his newest book. (www[.]edrosenthal[.]com/edrosenthalstore)

The seeds are:

The third installment “Dark Sage” is ready for you. Dark Sage is derived from award-winning parentage: A cross of Dark Star, (female) and S.A.G.E. (Male). Dark Star is a cross of Mazar-I-Sharif and Purple Kush. S.A.G.E a.k.a Sativa Afghani Genetic Equilibrium, is a cross of Big Sur Holy x Afghan. The effect blends the heavy-hitting relaxation effect of Dark Star with the creative, uplifting, clear high of Sage. These seeds are a Beta test – great for pheno hunting. Expect some unique potent plants.

And you can use discount code PHENO for 15% off.

12 Likes

Harvest congrats Newt. Can’t say I won’t miss looking at those girls.

4 Likes

The ‘oozing’ is call guttation. It’s oozing xylem sap. I took this from a website that I cannot link to because it’s a seed company…

"During the night (or the lights-off period for indoor growers) the stomata on the undersides of the cannabis leaf close shut. During daylight hours, the stomata tend to be open allowing the plant to release moisture - a necessary part of photosynthesis.

Closed night-time stomata, in combination with possible high humidity levels, force the plant to squeeze the xylem sap out - mainly because of root pressure. The result is small droplets, often with an amber hue, which appear on the buds and leaves. The first time many growers see cannabis guttation, or xylem sap, they often think their plant is dripping in psychoactive THC-rich resin.
With high levels of soil moisture during the evening water, nutrients and minerals enter the root system. This creates a slight root pressure, forcing sap upwards through the plant. Note that root pressure, rather than transpiration, provides the primary force for the sap flow during the night. Cannabis guttation is more apparent when high RH (relative humidity) levels are present at night, suppressing the already-low evening transpiration levels to a minimum.

Without the ability to lose moisture through the (closed) stomata, occasionally the cannabis plant is compelled to force the ‘excess’ xylem sap out through water glands. These are also known as hydathodes.

24 Likes

Great info and I’ll give you an attagirl on the homework you did wonderful :muscle::100: Thx :pray:

6 Likes

Check out the lowest bud on the plant… i took advantage of her lol some samples and did she ever get more frost

11 Likes

Way to kill the dream!!! :rofl::joy::rofl: great info @Caligurl good find.

7 Likes

This is great info

4 Likes

Thanks @Newt The dozeage chart wàs heĺpful. Oĺive oil is 48 % Thc teaspoon. brownies w/ 1/4 cup is going to be space brownies @Lacewing

6 Likes

The Widow Maker auto looks like she wants to out-grow my clone tent. I’m going to delay starting my Cherry Ice Cream back breeding grow for a bit until I decide if the Widow Maker needs the entire flower tent.

Stay lit!

19 Likes

Your grows are seriously inspiring to a new grower. Thanks for hosting this. I couldn’t have gotten this far in my own grow without the knowledge of this community. If anyone has a second check out my journal. I welcome any advice to help me get to the home stretch for my grow.

3 Likes

Good stuff, @Caligurl. Learn something new every day.

8 Likes

Hey brother Newt tell me a lil.more about that banana kush buzz if you don’t mind Sir…

4 Likes

I don’t mind a bit. The taste is sweet and indeed sort of like bananas. The smell is sort of banana-like as well. The buzz was very relaxing. Not sleepy at all, but I was very mellow and was “one with my easy chair”. I hit it a few times this morning, and I am functional, but feel happy and stoned. I like it a lot. I may have to order some seeds of it.

10 Likes

Lmao hell yeah sounds great :muscle::100: imma holla atcha in about 6 weeks when she’s finished :rofl: thank you kindly Sir for the helpful information :muscle::100: she just started her 4th week and is starting to pack it on

10 Likes

Drying progress. I have moved the CIC that was harvested last Monday to the sweating process. I’ll keep an eye on the humidity, and if they need to go back into the WeDryer XL, they will.

12 Likes

@Newt Greetings Newt…I hope you and Ms. Newt are well,Thanks for sharing the information regarding Banana Kush…I have 5 ladies that are almost done…

I need to get in there and remove some Yellow Leaves today…
Thanks again for allowing me to follow…
Be well, stay safe…

16 Likes

If they smoke anything like the buds @pr grew, you are about to be very happy! Cheers! Stay lit!

7 Likes