Newer grower here looking for guidance

The ppms when its fresh out the tap ranges from 27-30 ppm its well water so usually little higher after rain but not much more then that

1 Like

I used the gh trio on my first grow and i never followed the recommended dosage on the bottle. I use advanced nutrients now . Anyway I always start with weak dosage 75% less than recommended then work my way up. My other guess would be that you’re plants pH was off so it wasn’t able to eat the nutes and drank the water resulting in high ppm left in your medium. Still though it’s harder to fix if you have over fed then under. I’ll try to find the feeding schedule I used but I also don’t grow in soil. So all in all, use way less than you have!

@Josh1126

Yea thats what im thinking im gonna have to do but even when i was doing less i was doing 1.5 tsp of the grow 1 tsp of the micro and.5 tsp of the bloom the ppms were still really high

1 Like

Here is the soil chart I found. Hope it helps.

The only thing off on this chart seems to to be the ph. I’m sure others will chime in and help haha

@Josh1126

1 Like

Thanks i will try this chart and see if it helps

1 Like

@Noctis420 thanks for the chart its got me right where i wanted the ppms so this chart should still be beneficial when i get them in the ground outdoors as well right

1 Like

Awesome glad I could help! @Josh1126 :+1: I’m not so sure about when they go outside though, since I’ve never grown outdoors. But I imagine if you prepped fertilizer in the ground you wouldn’t need to feed them? Thats if you are planting them in the ground but maybe if you have them in pots you could follow the chart. Someone who has experience will have to answer that.

Ok thanks @Noctis420 they are going in the ground no fertelizer or anything

1 Like

Hey @Ragnar maybe you could help this fella out?

Sure , what seems to be the problem ?
I see some heavy hitters chipping in already…
Whats the question beside PH ?

1 Like

For me its mostly can i use the chart above when i get my plants in the dirt outside hoping to do so sunday if it ever warms up lmao i mixed up a test batch of my nutes using the chart and finally got the ppms where i want them so thats a plus but im not sure if it will be acceptable in the grounds

Ok I see they going outdoor…
At this stsge , I usually dont do anything to them untill they are about a foot tall…
Ph in soil must be over 6 and less than 7 for outdoor soil grow success…
I just test the water and I dont use any artificial feeding…only composted manures, guanos, earthworm casting and gypsum…

Later in stage I use Alaskan fish emulsion 5-1-1…followed at flower with alaskan 0-10-10
I keep it very simple…lazy :grinning:

3 Likes

Thanks should i flush them before i but them outside i had a slight problem early on in the grow with giving to many nutes i thought i was giving them at 150 ppm but in actuality and i realized this on my laat feed that the nutes were actually going in at around 1500 ppm ive done one flush but due to my soil from my yard i used as a medium having alot of clay in it it holds water so i got the runoff ppms down to about 400 i know i wanted it lower but at about the two gallon mark being pushed through it just started holding the water with little to no runoff

1 Like

Outdoor grow best advice…do not over think and do not over fertilize…grow smaller plants with very very potent buds :grinning::grinning::grinning:
I know, done it myself…awesome stuff !!!

Well the way these plants are growing they are gonna be small maybe ive stunted there growth for a bit but i got them outside today in pots still hoping in the ground before end of the weekend
@Ragnar yea im gonna keep it simple and small i got five plants but hoping to get a good yield

1 Like

Do Not over nitogen it…outdoor stuff is the bomb if you keep it in constant very low stress environment…plants are protecting themself with frosting and resins…awesome , trust me on this

1 Like

Should i do any lst or just let them grow i am doing one as a mainline thoughkinda was fooling around one day and decided to try it so we will see

Agreed, I smoke alone so must just pass to myself. Maybe after harvest will get wife to join me…'er…

4 Likes

Hey thanks a bunch @Ragnar for helping out. I feel ya @merlin44 pass me the joint I never smoke with anyone haha

2 Likes

Ok so this might seem a
Like a dumb question but im just wondering i had my plant sitting outside for majority of the day today and they are looking really happy to be getting some high quality sunlight but is 36 degrees tonight to cold for my girls i wanna say yes but last year i had them in the dirt at this time and it snowed and they made it idk how lol i feel its to cold but would love further input @Noctis420

1 Like