Newer grower here looking for guidance

@SmoknGranny i know if anybody canhelp or find me the help i need i know its you so thank you

1 Like

@SmoknGranny I tagged @Sittingbull64 he grows in ground he may be da man

2 Likes

Iā€™ll always try to help in any way I can :hugs:

Yep and Iā€™m adding @DoomSack :+1:

1 Like

I was thinking maybe overwatering but read somewhere that its almost impossible tooverwater in ground as it just goes downto deepwater pockets which is probably my well lmao

1 Like

Once the ground becomes saturated , the water goes no where ā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ve read the same thing. Guess weā€™ll all learn something from this :+1:

Very true luckily its not puddling anywhere near my garden

@Josh1126, how big are the holes you got your plants in? And too much water in the bottom can so this to them, if your soil is like mine, it will build up if it rains alot, thatā€™s the problem with digging holes In clay and then replacing with better soil, the water will run through the good soil and puddle up when it hits the clay and drown your rootsā€¦thatā€™s what it looks like to meā€¦it must have been really raining where your at

It also could be a problem with everything building up at your root zone and canā€™t go no where, sad to say but until it dries up nothing you can do

They are about a foot across maybe a little more and maybe a foot and a half deep out of the past ten days or so its rained about 8 or 9 days but it hasnt been real heavy rain just enough to be annoying @Sittingbull64

1 Like

Thats what i was thinking that it was mostly do to the rain like i said earlier in the thread if it does have to do with nutes cant fix it until the sun comes out

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™m saying thatā€™s the problem, I been growing in the ground for almost 40 years and have learned the hard way to dig your holes as big as you have time to dig! Lolā€¦2 to 2 1/2 feet across or 3 and 2 feet deep, I know thatā€™s alot but it worksā€¦it will dry up and they will heal right back up

If it was nutes they should have been flushed away by now

Thank you @Sittingbull64 next year i will dig them alot bigger hell maybe just replace all the soil in my garden lmao

1 Like

I was thinking maybe that was the problem there was no nutes in the soil and they had been washed away i was hoping that the grass and what not around the plants would help if it rained like this @Sittingbull64

1 Like

Trust me I know all about thisā€¦lolā€¦I have one in a pot but I love the ground! Good luckā€¦it will dry up and get better

1 Like

Lolā€¦you wonā€™t regret it! Bigger hole bigger roots bigger plants @Josh1126

1 Like

First thing I would say is how deep did you dig and wide? And whatā€™s at the bottom of that hole? If itā€™s more dirt or gravel you will probably be fine. If itā€™s clay it may have trouble with drainage. 9 days could be fine if itā€™s light to medium rain. Iā€™d be worried about mold. I worry about that dying leaf growing mold depending on your day and night temps.

1 Like

@Sittingbull64 thats why i decided to put them in the ground i figured even if they grew through the good soil the could still get through the clay and hopefully get me a good harvest even though i started them indormors and topped kinda early i still at 15 tops on one of the girls