Newby stupid cropping!

Ok so plant is 2 MO old and I THOUGHT I read to crop all leaves down low so at once plant had 45 leaf pair I chopped all fan leafs off so only node 4 and 5 have fan leaves. Branches on one are dark purple and all at dropping. The planters to be doing ok. I topped and transplanted a couple days ago. Plant is only 3-4 " tall. What do I do from here. Need major help.

Just getting over being to wet which was the reason for the transplant

Let fan leafs down and watered here’s what I’ve got. Need so advice pls.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile

she looks like she may recover though I suspect you are going to lose bulk of your remaining large fan leaves what are you using to water with?

Stop watering! You just said you had transplanted because you watered too much, then you went and watered again?! The plant still has all that water in the soil imbedded in her roots. Let the soil dry out. But not too much. You may have stressed your plant too much though from everything you’ve been doing. Patience is critical when growing cannabis, or any plant really. Be patient and stop watering for a while. Because water is only going to make her worse at this point. Keep updating too

I am more concerned if they are using non ph’d water? it’s a very simple question tap water? bottled water? RO distilled?
After any transplant you need to water the soil is otherwise going to fry roots and stress plant even worse but that doesn’t mean drown it lol judge by weight a pot with dry soil is light and a wet one is not.

I think I have to disagree with you there Donald, only because if your root zone is soaked with water, when you transplant, the water will move into the dry soil, aiding in root development. It’s like when you open the vents of your humidity dome for clones, you want it dry so roots grow out looking for moisture. From personal experience, water logged soil lasted me 2-3 days before I needed to water, and that’s AFTER I transplanted the water logged plant (soil and all).

Maybe I should word it differently; I had been over watering and noticed it. So I got a new pot, that was bigger. I transplanted the water logged plant into a fresh pot with fresh soil and DIDNT water! After 2-3 days the growth was looking much better, and I noticed how much lighter the pot was when I lifted it. So I watered her and she grew great ever since.

I know exactly what you’re saying though about frying roots, but I think with soil that’s actually water logged you’re perfectly fine to transplant and NOT add more water. If anything, moisten your soil as you’re putting it into your new pot. Use a spray bottle.

I guess the devil would be in the details on this one when transplanting out of water logged soil I shake off the bulk of it if I suspect the soil has gone foul. No sense moving a plant from rotting soil and keeping the soil with it just my opinion since would be bringing root rot and bad bacteria with it

Touché my friend! The things we could accomplish as a group of growers is amazing.
I only didn’t shake my soil off my roots because I was afraid it would break roots with it since the water made the soil so wet and heavy. But what you’re saying is very true!

So if you shake water logged dirt off, water after transplanting.
If you don’t shake water logged soil off, don’t water after transplant for 1-3 days.

I definitely changed soil to a 3/4 coco and 1/4 perlite it just looks real bad if I don’t water as soon as I do it perks up till water is off leaves then right back to this state. I went ahead and took off 3 of the 4 fan leaves because they were looking bad w droop color and dark purple stem. Here she is now.

you still aren’t answering my water question and purple stems could be from over watering or bad ph now you are in coco if you don’t know ph of your water it will only get worse… Coco is 100% soil less and needs hydro ph levels if you don’t know your ph get a meter strips or indicator solution. You will need ph up and ph down

Good to know ran outta strips but 3 days ago is was about 6.2 oh. I got seed from friend not out of bag I use forearm grow big Fox farm bloom. That’s another question how long do I wait to go 12 and 12. I keep getting vague answered. I know depends on how big of plant you want but if I do that it maybe 3 yrs before this thing is ready. Lol. And thanks again for all the input. Much appreciated.

And maybe I missed it but what do I do when the plant it self looks like it needs water but soil is drenched

Coco is a different animal you are no longer growing in soil it can be watered way more often so long as pot has drains and target ph is 5.8 5.5-6.1 over watering and under watering look the same leaves droop with coco you will want to feed 1/4 dose every water. I hope you rinsed the coco before mixing it can have salt in it which plants don’t like and if you just transplanted expect some shock your plant will put new roots out before it starts to grow up top again.
As for when to flip lights rule is your plant will grow 2-4 times bigger during flower so space is the biggest factor many won’t flip light cycle on a seedling until 2 months min but you can veg as long as you want.

The more leaves you cut the more stress you’re putting on your plant.
I don’t know why you’d cut more leaves knowing she’s already so stressed out?
Either way, stop touching her. Literally. When you over water your leaves droop. This is why you keep thinking you need water, but you don’t. Not until your plant drinks what she needs and the left over water in the soil also leaves.
And dude…how can your plant be thirsty? You even just said the soil is soaked… Which means you over watered and she’s being stressed from it. She’s not thirsty. She’s drowning.
As far as your question of,

You could never feed a plant in soil without dumping water/nutes mixture straight into the soil, that’s just the basics for any plant growing in soil, you have to dump the water through the soil to reach the roots. But in your case she’s already got water at her roots, she can’t use it though because she’s really stressed and you keep adding more water.

I think you would really benefit from reading Roberts book, it’s essential for new growers. It’s a free book, download it and read the whole thing. I promise you’ll be happy you did.

He’s growing in Coco slightly different rules I did state that over watering and under watering have same appearance
also since his ph is out of wack when he waters the plant is happy briefly since the ph is in range briefly this has ph all over it if the medium really is coco very hard to over water would have to have no drain holes in pot.
I am sure there would be benefit in some reading grow bible for sure

I’m not entirely convinced that you can’t over-water in coco coir. It does seem to fit the symptoms often associated with over-watering.

Not only will a fresh watering/feeding at the proper pH maybe help perk up the plant, but the freshly oxygenated water would add oxygen to the roots and perk up the plant, until the overly wet conditions became stagnant again, i.e. oxygen depleted.

Happy growing,

MacG