Newbies 1st grow

Must be typo. Let her rest and try to recover. No more stress.

1 Like

Sounds good, I got a bit nervous for a moment :sweat_smile:

1 Like

A little update. I’ve lost 2 out of 3 miracle grow plants. I blame myself for dropping Lyric. Ryder never sprouted leaves. Brooklyn is rhe last miracle grow plant I have left. Both Sky and Storm were placed in planters on the 8th and transferred to 5 gal fabric pots yesterday. A minor delay waiting for fox farm, ordered from Amazon and the first order I received was a 25 lb bag of peanuts… I kid you not. Right now Sky, Storm and Brooklyn are under a 1000 watt with a mixture of happy frog, and fox farm soil. I finally caved and got a light. I was certain I could grow naturally., but from looking at other grow journals I felt like everyone elses plants looked larger although they were the same age. Going to see if Sky and storm look similar to Brooklyn once they grow out more. I’m unsure if anyone can see clearly, but Brooklyns green isn’t as vibrant, looks to be lighter in color , I was wondering if it has something to do with the lighting. I’ve only realized it after I began using lighting. I have it a fair distance over the plants.

Update on the girls. Brooklyn is still holding on for 15 days. She’s the last miracle grow plant left. Judging from Sky and Storms progress in under a week, I’m sure they will be bigger than Brooklyn. She’s lighter in color, and shows sign of nute burn from MG, yet shes still growing. Did my first PH reading at 6.6 , 6.7 , 6.7. Unsure of the frequency of testing, but I’ll do so after watering. Genuinely happy with the progress of Storm and Sky, I can see the difference already with the use of different soil and a light.

@Mr_Wormwood @OooWee1184 @HMGRWN @plumbdand Hey there! Just looking for advice, perhaps I’m overthinking it… The leaves on my newer seedlings appear to be pointing upwards. Is that normal for it to crawl up? Brooklyn is the last miracle gro plant left from my original 3 :pensive:. Compared to the younger plants, she’s small in size, but still growing daily! I’ve noticed the ends of the leaves pointing up today, so I decided to raise my light a little higher

1 Like

First, nothing wrong with them point up. Pointing down and they’ve had too much or not enough of something. Mine will naturally point up in the morning and gradually go downwards until lights out. They’ll also point upwards if they want more light. So I wouldn’t jump the gun and raise your light. They look healthy so maybe keep things how they are. I’ve seen them point up before watering too and gradually go down after.

I wouldn’t worry. They look good. The last pic, “Brooklyn,” I see some spots on the tips of her leaves. Doing anything different with her?

PS - Keep that dry ring under her further and further out each time you water. Make the roots stretch and look for the water.

1 Like

I just noticed that. Today was second watering that I’ve used fox farms big bloom with the water. Watered 2 days ago. Half of the recommended amount of the bottle

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

They all look very nice
Looks like Brooklyn is taking to the MG just fine so far

2 Likes

Thank you @Mr_Wormwood I’ve been pretty nervous with her, but she’s hanging in there ! She has more leaves than the other two, but the two with ocean forest, and happy frog soil are the same size. I expect her to be my runt :sweat_smile:. This is really exciting

1 Like

im interested to see how your girl in MG works out

1 Like

@FullyMedicated I’m hoping as pretty as yours, you are the MG guru :pray:t4:

1 Like

thanks but i wouldnt say guru by far. yes ive had some success but im no guru. just navigating my own path with some help from the pros here. your in good hands here.

2 Likes

@FullyMedicated I can tell, I’ve been spending so much time on various posts. I’m grateful for taking the leap and growing! Everyone is so informative on this site!. I started with 3 miracle gro girls, and with tweaking and reading I’ve noticed improvement with the newer seeds. I can’t wait to look back and see where I’ve started. I’m sure I’ll be learning for grows to come :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Anyone care to tell me what they think of mine as well as the potential sex? Newbie here first time

2 Likes

so far so good. nice color. i would say its a her but i dont see the white hairs just yet. soon she will show her true self.

2 Likes