Newbies 1st grow

@Dr.ofSmokology uses miracle grow and may be able to help with some of the issues you might run into.

Posts some really pretty plants to boot

3 Likes

I just ordered a bundle of both from Amazon. Fingers crossed for next grow. :crossed_fingers:t4:I don’t want to risk shock to these three. They went from water germination, immediately into 5 gal fabric pots. I’ll leave in the miracle grow for now, but am preparing for the next grow. Thank you so much !:blush:

1 Like

Thanks !

You will have success with your present grow also, I have seen how this community just won’t let a viable plant die

2 Likes

That’s reassuring! It’s great to have this information available.

Sigourney, first of all welcome to the community into the forum. Well I see you didn’t get off to a good start either well let’s not dwell on that let’s just try to focus on what needs to happen. Oh no that’s not good, I hope the little thing bounces back, these things are pretty resilient. So hopefully she’ll come back. As from what you stated you’re feeding, I wouldn’t be given the plant anything but regular tap water or distilled water and make sure the pH is no higher than 6.0 and since you already have them in a 5 gallon pot, with the nutrients already in the soil and they should last what 4/5 weeks. Then Implement a feeding regiment of nutrients and a feeding schedule. So I wouldn’t use no more than a coffee cup of water. And give her at least a T5 lighting, which I believe is what 50 W minimum. I hope this helps you

1 Like

Btw is your moisture meter something probe like?

Thanks for the welcome! :relaxed: I’ve been placing the pots on deck for light from sunrise til sunset. Have been moving them inside in the evening, trying to do it as naturally as possible. Would that light mentioned still be necessary? A bit of hope lost with Lyric, the stem seems healthy she’s dried out on her flower. I’ve attached a pic

2 Likes

I have a prong PH meter, was told they are awful so I ordered an Aspera one. Doing the prong ph test, each pot measured at 7 for ph test

1 Like

That plant is still alive I’ve seen worse turn into great plants. No nutes for a c.while then only 1/2 strength or
less

3 Likes

You just made me smile ! I told myself I’d continue to nurture her, and leave the crystals there. :sweat_smile: That surely gives me hope :pray:t4:, because she definitely changed from how she looked a few days ago. I thought she was a goner for sure.

4 Likes

Some of the weaky looking plants turn into high yielding plants. Definitely don’t give up if she still has green to her. Hopefully just an ugly duckling waiting to blossom into an annoying goose… wait that’s not how that story goes

3 Likes

@Missesgrowfairy YOU GOT THIS!!! Welcome to the forums by the way!! You’re going to find a ton of awesome people around here to help!

Don’t get discouraged. I’m on my first grow as well, day 72 I believe at this point, and I started my journal here around the same time as your plant babies stage currently. I… was mortified and scared. Even my journal is titled “First Time Fail…” :sweat_smile:

But you should see mah babies now! You’ll get there for sure! I had a lot of problems in the beginning.

The Apera pen will be great for you. I also recommend checking into Fox Farms Happy Frog soil in future grows. A lot of people frown on miracle gro here, but @Dr.ofSmokology makes it look easy.

I guess it’s a matter of knowing your plants and grow stages. Simply, miracle gro is super nitrogen heavy which is great for vegetative stages of your babies, but when they start to flower they need a lot less nitrogen and more potassium and such. It’s been totally interesting to learn about!

Good luck to you and keep up the great work and keep us informed!!

:grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes

I got 8oz’s off a plant that looked like that when it sprouted. I almost gave up on it a few times. I called it The little plant that could.

3 Likes

This is the little guy that had me worried so long ago. Trust me, you’ll grow beautiful babies

2 Likes

I just browsed through your post. That was inspiring, and I’ve learned to keep the sailors language to myself. Awesome set up by the way. I’m not as advanced with the tents in lighting . Putting faith in the sun mostly :sweat_smile:

1 Like

A whole 8!? Oh my, I’d be grateful with one oz off Lyric at this point :crossed_fingers:t4:. Alright that’s it, I’m motivated. She’ll survive, and flourish :metal:t4:

4 Likes

@Missesgrowfairy You will absolutely do this!!

1 Like

Hey Sigourney, I would just it a coffee cup of 5.8-6-0 ph water and see some new growth if the plant is still alive which it looks to be. Hope that helps you, good luck

1 Like

Hey, dig her out place in coffee cup of ph tested water? I’m sorry I think there’s a typo, wanted to be certain I understood correctly.

1 Like