Newbie with a million Q's getting ready for this summers outdoor

Since it’s so early in your nutrient regimen, I can only suggest it might be a magnesium or potassium deficiency I could be wrong since it’s too early to tell just yet :+1: @Buds007

@AmnesiaHaze, thanks for the pics. How would I rectify the deficiencies? :thinking:

The looks like heat stress and the light too close too me. @Countryboyjvd1971 Put another set of eyes on that pic for me, please

I would let them be for a few days fir sure it does look like possible heat stress
Or early signs of a ph imbalance
@bob31 @Buds007

But while we are here, this was from 10 days ago. Is this still accurate?

Why are you pHing to 6.5?

I believe I asked that very question some time back.

Coco should be ph’d to 5.5 and 5.8 @Buds007. You will run into issues sooner than later with 6.5 ph.

@bob31 @Myfriendis410 I have changed to 5.8 as a result of the comments after that support ticket. I was only pHing at 6.5 because I didn’t know that coco was considered hydro & not soil, but that was before I was using any nutrients. Since I’ve started feeding it’s been at 5.8. :+1:

Thanks @Countryboyjvd1971, I will do that & post some pics in a few days.

Is that the feeding chart you are using for the cyco nutes?

ok, good to know! That is important! @Buds007

Then I’m going with heat, light stress. How are the temps at the plants?

Do you have one of these? Very handy!

(I have three, lol)

@bob31, yeah but my table is in metric ml/L & there is a couple of extra nutes in my one. I do have one of those in the tent & one outside. Temps are around 20-23 degrees Celsius (68-75F)

Check their website and download the one you want. I only took a screenshot of part of the chart.

They have different charts for different growing mediums amd for US / imperial measures and Metric. I searched cyco feeding schedule or chart and found them. @Buds007

Thanks @bob31, I’ll do that now. :+1:t3:

I wound up with an old chart with my FF nutrients so it’s always good to double check!

@Buds007 when you find the feeding schedule for you, measure your nutes using the tds (ppm) numbers instead. You will actually know what your nutrient dose is.

@bob31 @Myfriendis410 the one on my box of nutes is the advanced for hydro (coco/perlite) so I’m all good, although I did print off the latest version in case it’s slightly different. One difference I did notice was that it says to flush with their product called Klense every week, do I need to do that or could I get away with one day of plain pHed water & give them a good soak? :thinking:

I always check the TDS before I use the nutes, it’s never been more than 50ppm over, I just add a little water to bring it back down & then do the pH. :+1:t3:

I have to recommend you follow their recommendations. Once a week seems like a lot, but that would lead me to believe that they want you to alternate feeding and waterings. @Buds007

Thanks @bob31, so do you think I should get some Klense or will just using water be fine? :thinking:

That’s exactly my thought too, Bob.

I’m a coco user and it is highly recommended to alternate feeding and watering. During veg my schedule is feed water feed water. Around transition I go to a feed feed water cycle. All done with 10-20% runoff. This would reduce the need to flush, especially if you gave them a bit extra once a week. By extra I mean another quart.

I am also using @garrigan65 schedule throughout, of low tds value with GH products. Everything ph’d at 5.8 for feeding and I go to 5.5 for the water to take advantage of the tendency to rise in ph over time. They look great so far.

Update - Day 33

@Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31 @peachfuzz @garrigan65 @Myfriendis410 @FreakyDeekie @AmnesiaHaze

They seem to be perking up since I modified the watering/nutrients regime & have grown a bit, what I’m wondering now is how do I know when these auto girls have started to flower since they are not photo responsive?

You’ll know. They’ll become every more beautiful 1 pistel at a time :wink:

I wouldn’t be surprised if you saw flowering in the next week. They look good @Buds007