Newbie wanting to learn

will this cheap light work for a first time grower ? I bought some gg auto and never grew anything before,trying to keep cost down until i get good at it. If so would it be enough for two plants.

Donā€™t waist time and money on lower grade light. You canā€™t grow good with shotty light :slight_smile:
I would save for a good light and then start

4 Likes

I canā€™t really tell from that. More info would be needed. Butā€¦

Typically, inexpensive Chinese lights do not create the amount of light they market themselves as having.

Lighting is very crucial to the quality of your grow. Itā€™s the difference between airy buds with little scent and donkey d!ck sized colas that bend the plant over.

If I were to throw out some quick tips itā€™d be these:

Spend money on a good light(s). You wonā€™t be sorry. Donā€™t use google to get reviews of lights. You will be sorry.

Buy a decent ($20+) ph meter. Donā€™t use drops, or those cheap probes.

Buy a size up from the tent you are considering.

Buy fabric pots (smart pots). They arenā€™t too expensive, theyā€™re reusable, and they work really really well.

Do not, I repeat, do NOT use miracle grow soil.

Donā€™t be in a rush. It takes time to grow things.

Ask questions.

Welcome to the community.

14 Likes

Welcome @Paco72ā€¦lots of info hereā€¦

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @Paco72 you definitely want to not go to cheap in your light are you growing in a tent ? We can recommend some lights and stuff to help out I like my cmh a 315 CMH would work great for you 2 plants and get some fabric pots 3-5 gallon tops for autos (3 gallon is perfect )

7 Likes

if you need to go Chinese, go ViparSpectra.

5 Likes

@Paco72. Welcome to the forum. I would have to agree with all above. Donā€™t make the same mistake that most of the rest of us already have. Tag @dbrn32, he seems to be the go to guy for lighting and he can definitely steer you in the right direction. I think that you will find as I have this is a great place to be and everyone is willing to give guidance and assistance.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum! I agree with the others on lighting, youā€™re going to get out what you put in. A good led light is going to be decent amount of cash. How big of grow space do you have?

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum. @Cheesemaker Hit it on the spot. I used a Viparspectra PAR600 and it produced decent amount of weed. I would have done better if I was only growing 1 plant vs the handful Iā€™d grow at the same time.

Itā€™s a damn good light for the price point but there is better like HLG.

Top photo is my Blue Dream on the left side and my GSC Beast taking most of the photo.

Bottom photo is my 19ā€ Cola off my BD plant.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum. I agree with everything said so far. I made the mistake of buying cheap Ebay lights, and they will grow something but they wonā€™t grow something great. Wait until you can afford a better light setup.

2 Likes

My garage is 25x 15 but was thinking of making an area where i can grow up to five.

1 Like

@Paco72 I have a 4x4x80ā€ tent. I have 4 plants growing right now. I am using 2 light kits by HLG 260xl Rspec. These two definitely puts light in all areas of the tent.

For 5 plants Iā€™d go with a 5x5 tent at the minimum.

3 Likes

Thank you I appreciate all the help. When i get my soil what brand works well Iā€™ve heard happy frog was good so many to choose from but really dont know.

1 Like

I love my Fox Farms Ocean Forest for my soil. If you go that route, Iā€™d suggest run water through the soil to help make it so itā€™s not a ā€œhotā€ soil. Iā€™ve never used any other soil.

3 Likes

Once you settle on a growing space let me know, I will help you get it lit properly.

4 Likes

Hi all as a newbie in prep for first tent growšŸ¤”so Iā€™m along for the ridešŸ¤  just the other night I was checking out lights on eBay and after digging about found out the info is somewhat misleading. Wattage real outputs were nowhere near the claims!!! Itā€™s simular to speakers RMSā€¦might say 1000w yet actual output would be closer to a third!!! Iā€™ve only learnt through the forum to be aware of wasting monies on cheap imports!! @dbrn32 hope I have the courtesy of your valuable knowledgešŸ˜‰
Happy growingšŸŒ±
Longon

3 Likes

Why do you like 3-gallon pots for autos?

1 Like

A five by five area is what im working with. And Thank you all for all the advice sure is appreciated.

2 Likes

Thank you for all the help really appreciate it

1 Like

Wow sure hope i can grow like that nice

2 Likes