Newbie transplant are my wonderful plants going to die?

I made a terrible mistake of taking apart the solo cup soil very gently of course because I thought the roots were getting stuck :frowning: when I cut my plants out the cup to transplant them into a pot. Assuming I shook the roots freely gently, is there a chance they’ll survive this? And flourish… I never got plants with this good roots so just lmk if this is as far as my luck gets :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll start over and just take my two L’s loss and lesson

1 Like

Ps yes I did that terrible mistake to all 5 that are potted up :frowning:

They will be shocked for a bit but they will snap out of the funk if they are photo periods that is haha

1 Like

Yes they’re all photos

Gonna look droopy for a few days, make sure to let them recover and don’t water until pots are light. I find that using a mycorrhiza supp for transplants really helps with the stress from uppotting, been using some for awhile now and even when a root ball falls apart plants stressed maximum one light cycle and are back to growing asap

1 Like

Is this it?

2 Likes

They will be fine. It can be as fast as a few hours

1 Like

I don’t have any footage but what I’m trying to say is this picture here:

And the rest of the cups I shook the roots loose from the dry soil that was in the cup before potting up. I haven’t seen anyone on YouTube do this, will the plants survive the shock?

1 Like

That’s fine. Next time just don’t shake them. You have a strong enough root system to where it will barely give you any setbacks.

2 Likes

That’s really great news… thank you so much for the help

No problem. Glad I could help

1 Like

Your plants will be just fine as long as you just let them grow. It doesn’t take any special techniques for cannabis to grow. The special techniques are mostly for increasing your yield at harvest. At the stage your plants are, less is more riight now. When I started growing i learned quickly to do the opposite of what i was thinking at the time. I’ve not watered my plants in 5 days now and they are still praying to the light. Over watering is your worst enemy. As @Slowgrowin said don’t water until your cups feel light when you pick it up.

2 Likes

i ripped a handful of roots off yesterday transplanting. it wont kill them. it will slow down for a minute. yours look pretty good. if the dirt doesnt fall off by itself dont worry just replant. @Ironman26 is soo right less is more.

4 Likes

I use a different brand but it’s the same stuff will help your plants eat among many other positive things good for soil health

1 Like

Will be fine, you should see the horror I put my roots thru and they recover just fine

4 Likes

LMFAO that just gave me hope thank you man :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Yaseen. You did not make a mistake! After 20+ years of gardening and buying root bound plants there are several techniques to get them going again. And many great growers have given you advice. When I get a root bound plant I slice the roots in quarters and spread them out to get more access to soil, water and nutrient. I have not tried that technique with MJ. I’ve also done the the comb them out with a fork approach. They will be shocked with transplant. Hang in there.

1 Like

Thank you very much due to everyone’s support I didn’t make any hasty moves and my plants are THRIVING again. :slight_smile: these are still on track to be my best plants… I’ll update my grow journal after this

5days ago(when transplanted) and today.

Maybe I should’ve buried the stem more?