Newbie to growing

I ordered blueberry, I can’t wait for them to get here too ! But okay on the carbon filter, and do they sell the pH up and meter at walmart or should I get it online

I’m sorry I’m taking forever to respond too

Thats ok, but I’m almost done for tonight. Blueberry Fem or Auto? Indica Dominant Hybrid but some of the phenos can grow quite large. I have a grow store in town they had all that stuff too but they were trying to see me a $150 ph meter so I bought these on amazon (I bought the calibration fluids at the growstore after, but exactly the same stuff)

An eye dropper is handy to have for adding the ph adjuster to the water.

ph and tds meters

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IEJOI9S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?tag=greenrel-20

ph up & Down

https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-GH1514-Control-Kit/dp/B000BNKWZY/ref=sr_1_2?tag=greenrel-20

7.0 calibration fluid

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001D0CKYK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=greenrel-20

1500 ppm TDS Test Solution

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TNAA5W/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?tag=greenrel-20

@MrTiger

Okay I’ll buy those soon, it’s a fem I just love the color of them so much and in philly they don’t have colorful strains so I definitely want something different

2 Likes

Well maybe you’ll get a pheno, that is predisposed to turn color. Not all blueberry will turn, however some growers lower temp in mid to late flower and it helps bring out the colors

1 Like

@MrTiger the Blueberry fems even though an Indica dominant can get some height to them. According to the ILGM website they are between 19 and 79 inches. So you will need to consider LST, and fimming, topping etc to keep it from getting too big for that space.

Blueberry can get tall like @bob31 said. I grew a blueberry auto and she was about 38-40 inches tall :+1:
And that included some LST so watch the height! Best of luck!

I really do want a huge plant too, I want a good yield I really just want to grow a healthy plant though, I’ve always wanted to try and now that I’m away from my actual home I can which is dope, hopefully it comes out good

My seeds are on there way ! :smiley: You think it’d be hard with a 7-4 schedule at work ? With caring for the plant ?

Thats a good schedule. Really they only need a few minutes of care a day for the first week ish then after that it slows down quite a bit! @MrTiger

I am growing the Blueberry Autos right now and the yield this go around is gonna be a bit lower as I slowed them down by not sprouting them in their forever homes. I’ve got two plants and I’m still a couple of weeks out, but we shall see!

Amnesia Haze Autos are next!

I would recommend starting the germination process on like a Thursday afternoon (assuming you don’t work a day off rotating shift?) and then you will have the weekend to baby them!

That’s awesome ! I don’t work a rotating shift though :confused: I wish I did, I typically have weekends off though if I don’t have duty. So hopefully by the time I get them I won’t have duty. So they don’t need a lot of attention ? That’s good to know. I mean I’m gonna spoil them with attention lol but if I can’t be there all day it’s good to know nothing will happen. How are the autos ?

Some plants require a little more than others. I have grown three autos and they are all a little different. I have a Gold Leaf (ILGM) and a Gorilla Glue (bag seed) that are really hands off so far. Water and nutrients. My Blueberry autos started flowering at day 29 from sprout. They flowered so fast it scared me!

Yeah I really want a big yield and nice color to them hopefully I can do it ! I mean of course I’ll have a lot of help from the people on this forum page which is awesome ! I might wait till I move tho, because I’ll be moving again in January but at the same time I want to get one done to see how it is. Because when I move I’ll have a bigger place to be at.

You should be able to get a grow under your belt before January. Might be a little tight but if you don’t veg too long you should be ok!

Do you think I should or just wait till I move to have a bigger space to grow ?

shoot there are guys on here growing in hollowed out TV sets and stuff like that! It’s a decision you have to make. I would grow a couple autoflowers. they would be done in 3 months about.

Alrighty, I’m probably gonna buy a small tent, just to get a small setup because once I get out of what I’m doing right now in like 3 years I’m trying to be a full time grower because it’d be the only thing that’d make me happy to do as a career

1 Like