Newbie to autos and need help!

That said, would keep feeding. You have some nice looking buds. I think several weeks.

Have you looked at the trichomes?

Are you following a feeding schedule?

Continued success.

Lookin great! :+1::+1:

1 Like

What lovely looking plants… well done you! :sunflower::blush:

1 Like

Nothing to complain about there. Nice work!

1 Like

Thanks for responding…you are saying you think I still have several weeks? I have looked briefly at trichomes on the better developed bottom buds and no signs of amber as of yet.

i have added FF nutes every other watering. In my best estimate, I am approaching 9 weeks in and these are Girl Scout Cookie…Autos obviously.

Autos in my experience can run 70 to 110 days depending on when it started to flower. There have been growers that have autos that take 8 weeks of veg before they flip. So the auto harvest schedule is kinda iffy lately.

1 Like

Yeah Im pretty new at this…the trichomes are plentiful, but they are harder to analyze so far than photoperiod fems…at least so far. When I was researching before purchasing the seeds, one fella told me his Autos took 13 weeks, seed to harvest. That was a bit of a shock to me. I don’t think there is any way these make it 13 weeks.

I believe these were beginning to flower as September arrived.

1 Like

April to August and June to October is my last two auto grows. Sorry had to look at my notes.

indoor?

Yes indoor

1 Like

that is a great looking setup…so roughly 4 months on Autos? Im still very much learning, but it has been my understanding that photoperiods took roughly 4 months. 2 veg and 2+ for flower…but that Auto should be considerably less than that…is that not accurate?

Depends sometimes it does but photos you can flip to flower at your schedule. Autos you must wait for them to decide to flip so sometimes they take longer than you could have on a photo. @beardless you agree?

1 Like

I thought autos were so much quicker so I bought over 100 seeds then I learned. If I had to do it over I would have just bought photos and run them on a 12/12 schedule from start to finish.

1 Like

I had great looking photo Widows and somehow screwed them up at the end…i think my dry room was so hot that many of the trichomes burst. It was environmental factors beyond my control…my AC went on the fritz.

Been there blew a breaker in the middle of night once, so I hear ya.

1 Like

@SKORPION autos do have their own clock but you can throw it off intentionally and unintentionally. High stress training for example can through an auto off (extends) schedule. @Not2SureYet professes an auto will veg longer in coco V soil. Sometimes it just happens. I have a Jack Herer auto in soil that first showed pistils around 50 days. This a week or two longer than usual. I have had them flower as soon as 23 days. For seed to harvest I have had them go 80 days to 120 days. A lot of this has to do with strain.
I have less experience with photos. The amount of time you let them veg is a major variable. My current AK-47s are on day 63 of veg and I will be flipping soon. If I wanted, I could train them differently, and extend the veg time. I am training them and vegging them for a certain size and growth pattern to fit four plants in my 3x3. If I had a larger tent, I could veg them longer, let them get much bigger, taller, wider etc. Once you start the flower process I think it is generally similar to autos and very much geared toward the strain. My previous photos I vegged for 55 days. You can see what I currently have going at An auto, three photos and a clone
My autos had very few upper fan leaves left at harvest. Some of this may have been how and what nutrients were used. Some growers advocate a little more nitrogen during mid - late flower so the plant will maintain more of its color and vigor. I tended to follow the published feed schedule which backs way off on nitrogen.

4 Likes

My autos have all taken 110+ days to harvest. With training and without. I lean toward photos because of my experience with autos. Plus I have time with photos to fix my mistakes.

1 Like

That’s great! My experience definitely has been different

1 Like