Newbie starting second grow

So do I dome them second I put seed in soil because I start right from seed in soil

1 Like

I usually start my seeds in a tray with dome. But you could probably wait until sprouts too if humidity isn’t real low or anything. I think a cut bottom off a pop bottle is most popular if you don’t have tray with dome.

4 Likes

Just like @dbrn32 said; the seedlings have no root system and extract moisture from the air through the first sets of leaves. They will appear to stall out but they are establishing a root system. Takes a couple of weeks. In the meantime dome and mist lightly several times a day if you can. Think 1 teaspoon, twice a day per plant. I spray the inside of my dome as well.

4 Likes

You guys are the best! Thanks for helping out :v:

1 Like

Ty. I got plant liners to use as domes and planting now!!! Ty!!

When I first plant the seeds should I do 16hour light?

Ok if dome solid or does there need to be holes for air?

Holes, or solid, as long as you remove the dome, for fresh air, and spraying the inside with water solid is fine. I prefer a few holes. @Scott1

1 Like

So I am putting seeds directly in soil with dome do I start with lights at 16hours?

I read 18/6 until want to flower is that roght

2 Likes

You can go 18/6 or 16/8. Either schedule is fine for veg :v:

1 Like

Thankyou!!! And thank you everyone for your advise!! I just planted now I will just have a heartattack til they sprout!!! This time I’m staying on here for the whole grow!!! Thankyou!!! Any advise is appreciated!!!

4 Likes

Hi @Scott1. If you just planted your seeds then it’s a good idea to keep the light on for 24 hours. This will give the plant light when it sprouts. Many of us will leave the 24 hour lighting for the first week and then switch to 18/6 lighting for the rest of veg.

Oh ok I’ll turn them back on the 18hour just ended!!

1 Like

Ok so 4 of the 5 have sprouted already!!! Thank you guys u really helped me. Now that they sprouted how lo g do I keep the dome over them? I have them under 24 hour light until Sunday which will be 7 days and I’ll switch to 18/6 which is what everyone recommended!!!

1 Like

You can take the dome off on Sunday when you switch the lighting to 18/6.

1 Like

So only one hasn’t come up. The other 4 came up with in 3 days!!! Switching to 18/6 tonight and taking off domes

I could only upload one pic. I was having issues getting pics uploaded. So I am taking off domes tonight when turn off lights for 6 hours. I need advise on next steps please @MattyBear @dbrn32

1 Like

I wouldn’t take off the domes yet, they’re still small and need that high humidity.

3 Likes

Oh I thought take off when switch to 18/6 how long should I leave on?

Sometimes, yes, but your seedlings are still quite small. Leave the dome on a few more days just to be safe.

4 Likes