Newbie’s second crack at it

My very first try was last year. Produced a gorgeous male plant :confused:

This year I planted 4 bag seeds on May 13, so they are almost 3 months old. The prettiest plant was a male, go figure. In Miracle grow and I added a little perlite and sand since they’re in buckets for drainage.

All of these were planted at exactly the same time.

The middle lady is a pin up :heart_eyes: Gorgeous plant.

The lady on the right is budding up nicely but it’s very tall and skinny. Pale leaves with small brown spots.

The one on the left is confusing. It still grows the chicken foot leaves on the bottom and just seems to grow all from the top of the plant.

It has practically been monsoon season where I am from the time they were seedlings, so I suspect some over watering even though I try to drag them under protection as much as possible.

Do they look right for their age? I would love to complete this grow and harvest!!

My first thought (welome BTW!) is they could have used some training to change their footprint and increase yields. Topping and supercropping will force the plants sideways and produce many more bud sites.

Hopefully you have lots of holes in the buckets. If you don’t I would add about 50 to each one for drainage. Go up the sides 6 inches or so too and use like a 1/2" drill bit.

Miracle grow is a problem for cannabis because it tends to drag the PH of the soil down way too low and is harsh on the plants. A thorough flush may be in order to attenuate some of the timed release fertilizers in your media.

All in all they are happy looking plants.

I put rocks in the bottoms for drainage but the holes might be a good idea as well. What do you think about that tall one that has yellow looking leaves with the brown spots? Should I be adding some nutrients at this point?

Thanks for the welcome!

I don’t see anything to cause a ruckus over IMO. If you don’t PH your input water you can run into some PH related lockouts which can cause white then brown spots to form on the leaves.

Personally I would run 50 gallons of water through each one with the garden hose then PH some water an add a couple of gallons at the end. Drill some holes for better aeration and drainage and see how they do. You have a good start.

• Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA
    Bag seed
  • Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
    Miracle Grow plus some perlite and a little sand
  • System type?
    NA
  • PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?
    NA haven’t checked
  • What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS
    Haven’t given any additional mutes
  • Indoor or Outdoor
    Outdoor
  • Light system, size?
    In 5 gallon buckets
  • Temps; Day, Night
    Hot!
  • Humidity; Day, Night
    Extremely humid. Many weeks of rain since I sprouted them.
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
    NA
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
    NA
  • Co2; Yes, No
    NA

From what I’ve read, this looks like nutrient burn or possibly over watering.
What can I do to fix it?
Also, is there any preventative for bud rot? I don’t have that, but I’m concerned about it because of the amount of humidity we have.
How long does the pre flower stage last?
I planted these on May 13 and I was thinking harvest would be beginning to mid September ish?

This is the strangest plant I’ve ever seen.

Has anyone seen anything like this? It looks like it has messed up genetics?

Thanks in advance for support!

That looks like a beat up old leaf to me. Your plant looks fine. Watch the PH as MG soil is notorious for driving down the PH to lockout nutes in your grow.

Thanks @Myfriendis410. Wasn’t trying to imply your original answer wasn’t correct or be redundant, just covering my bases :blush: I feel a little intimidated. I’m a farm girl with a knack for growing things :woman_shrugging: I really didn’t realize it was such a science!
It certainly has fascinated me though! I come out on my deck and inspect them at least 5 or 6 times a day. I’m anxious to see it through.

Any thoughts on any of the other questions?

Well, I would be concerned about the Miracle Grow and ought to consider doing a runoff test (slurry test is okay) and perhaps make some amendments to bring up the soil PH to at least hydroponic levels. Your girls look to be hungry but I am pretty sure they are locked out of the nutrients due to low PH. Top dressing dolomite lime will act as a buffer and might be in order along with a thorough flush with a flushing agent like Sledgehammer.

People have commented before about how scientific this all is and my response is: You can grow weed by throwing seeds in the ground and harvesting in six months. BUT if you want to grow cannabis you need to optimize the plants growth parameters to really take advantage of it. Like putting regular gas in a NASCAR lol.

MG sucks…for real.