Newbie question. Burnt tips on seedlings

Hey guys,
First grow, 1 week in and seeing a burnt tip. Only using happy frog, haven’t fed yet. Did a slurry test and got a PH of 5.9. Only change was adding a little more light and took off humidity dome (baggie). 2 days later looks like burnt tips starting. I’m thinking too much light but everything I’m reading looks like too much nutrients.
Thank in advance.

The soil looks to wet. Welcome to the Community.

Welcome to our community. Mr.Peat has you covered. Ask questions, there are people here to help. happy growing :bat: :crazy_face:

Welcome to the forum!

Hello and welcome to the forum @Occulo1. Your pH is out and needs to come up a bit. I aim for 6.2 to 6.5 but can go as high as 6.8. It looks like the start of nute burn but a little too early to say for sure :sunglasses:

1 Like

Welcome to IGLM! I agree, the soil does look a little wet. At that stage, you should only be giving them tiny amounts of water at a time. They don’t need much, and they do better with too little than too much water. I’ve had some seedlings that were finicky and even Happy Frog was a little hot for them. But keep the lighting and environment right, and they’ll pull right through it.

2 Likes

Follow up question! Any idea what this guy on the right is doing? Tried turning him around a bunch of times since I thought it was a light thing and he still wants to lean this way.

image|375x500

1 Like

I’ve had a few like that. I normally put something across the top of the cup to force it to straighten then at transplant time bury her almost to her first set of leaves

1 Like

Do they have any airflow across them? A little wiggle will strengthen the stem and help them stand up on their own. You may also need to move your light slightly closer to keep them more squat. :v:

2 Likes