This is my first try at growing, and I would love some help from this awesome community. Thank you in advance for any help you may provide.
My specific questions are:
- Looking at the picture, what do you think White Widow’s deficiency is? I bought some Cal/Mag to use, but not sure if that is the issue. Also, the serrated tips along the sides of the leaves are curled up.
- Should I cut the entire dying leaf fan off the plant? Where should I make that cut? Close to the main stem, or give it some space?
- Should I do any trimming of any of the plants at this stage?
- How should I test for pH level in soil? I am using cheap soil meters but they always read the same. Maybe, since I haven’t used much in nutrients, the pH didn’t change, but I am wondering if there is a better soil meter I should use. I looked all over online, but only was inundated with hydroponics stuff.
- It is very dry here and I struggle with keeping humidity in an acceptable range. It’s usually in the high 30’s with a humidifier going all day in the tent, and temp is around 70F. Is the dryness affecting the plants negatively?
- What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed: ILGM seeds, White Widow (fem), OG Kush (auto), Chocolope (Norm)
- Method: Fox Farms Happy Frog and Ocean soil
- Vessels: 5 gal fabric Pots
- PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable): cheap meter reads 7-8
- PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable: 5
- Light system: BestVA LED Elite-2000w
- Temps; Day 75, Night 66
- Humidity; Day 38, Night 35
- Ventilation system; Yes, Size 6 in
- Humidifier 3.5 gal, on constantly
- Co2; No
4x4x8 tent, Light is the Elite 2000W BestVA LED light, iPower inline exhaust fan w/carbon filter, 2 small fans for circulation, a pedestal humidifier that is a pain to keep full.
12 Apr- soaked seeds
14 Apr- 6 of 8 seeds grew root tips, so I used Happy Frog potting soil and put them in jiffy pots with the root tip down. Kept inside a humidome and on a heating mat.
21 Apr- saw first growth on WW and OGK
27 Apr- Chocolope finally sprouted, but still had seed attached and didn’t want to shed it for days. One of her first leaves came out of the shell yellow. All but the 3 seeds perished, unfortunately
29 Apr- Transplanted the jiffy pots into larger pots. The roots were looking very strong. I used more Happy Frog mixed with Ocean Soil for the transplants. Still using tap water only.
30 Apr- First time seeing some lighter green patchy areas on OGK and WW. Chocolope stayed smallish for a while, and darker green leaves as well
11 May- OGK is 5” tall, and WW/Choc are both 4”. Gave all their first nutrients, starting with Bergman’s Growtime because I missed the window on using the Seedling fertilizer.
14 May- OGK- 6”, WW/Choc- 5” Only WW was dry enough to need more water, so I gave another fertilizer feeding and left the other 2 alone. I move the plants around each time I check on them and make sure the fans are hitting each plant and moving air between the plants and light.
16 May- OGK- 8”, WW/Choc- 7” 19 May- OGK- 9”, WW/Choc-8” --feels like growth is slowing down, but I don’t know why. We’ve had some cooler days, and it has been around 66 F in the tent for a couple days, could this cause slower growth?