Newbie needs help with light

I need to ask some rather daft questions, so here goes!
I’ve been keeping my LED light on 24-7, was this wrong? I read 18 hours light and 6 dark for veg stage on this website and I’m scared to change it now incase they go in to flowering stage, which is too early!
I got some weird brown spots on some of the leaves too, which are beginning to curl a little, I’m worried I’m gonna kill them!

drop your lights to 18/6 and give the plants a break… are you growing autos or photoperiod plants? either way 18/6 aint going to throw them into flower but it will give them time to heal from the light intensity.

2 Likes

I’ve got auto and photos, dumb mistake really and it’s only recently I’ve realised more light isn’t necessarily better!
I’ll stick them on a timer and see how they go. I wonder if that is what’s causing the brown spots and the curling?
I’ve been giving them nutrients suitable for veg stage, but they don’t look as healthy as they were. Perhaps I’m over thinking things! Maybe all the symptoms are due to too much light.
Thanks

I disagree, 24/7 is the best

if you take 6 hours of Lights Off you slow your plants down by 25%

cannabis doesn’t need a dark period

MacGyver Stone as a lot of good articles on this, anyway this is something we’ve known for 50+ years

The brown spots and the curling is caused by some type of a nutrient & or pH disorder, if you post a grow ticket with your info we can help you out

• best of luck
1 Like

Yet another daft question, but… How do I post a “grow ticket”?! Extremely new around here, very much appreciate your help!

Ah do you just mean post it in the grow category rather than the lighting category??

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA
Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS
Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?
Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No
Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile

For the life of me I can almost never find them, I wasn’t being short with you I literally cannot find them but I knew that other people could help you find one this is a nice place, nice folks here and they can get you fixed up too :thumbsup:

I’m not sure about that @Paranorman my ladies seem to love me a lot more when I give them rest then when I don’t and they grow a lot more faster it seems and I have also read those articles so I’m not sure what to think other than what I see by actually doing , but that’s just my two cents … As a side note , u get to save a couple of bucks on electricity…lol

:v::sunglasses:

Well that’s okay, MacGyver has a lot of interesting papers on this, and a dark period is how I slow my veg tent down

cannabis doesn’t need a rest it’s a, what was it a T3 or something 3 type plant ? …anyway, everybody has their own way

• best wishes
2 Likes

@Paranorman,

You don’t have to look any further.
Copy and paste these links and file themj Away.
Will

200+ Marijuana Grow Guides - Indoor & Outdoor Strains | ILGM

Fill out a “Support Ticket”
Beginner
Grow FAQs

1 / 5

latewood
Admin_Team Leader_Bergman’sLab
Feb '15
COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile

1 Like

@Hetty,

First I welcome you to ILGM.
As you can see three’s no shortage of help.
Your light schedule is total up to you. It’s either one or the other. To me …note light the better, but that’s me…lol
And growing what you are is just fine. I’m doing the same thing as a later of fact. Auto’s wil flower when there ready to regardless of the light schedule.

B Safe

Wil