Newbie needs help with a hydroponics system

Hello everyone! I just wanted to see if anyone here was willing to help a new grower out. I am using an ebb and flow system which I will make myself when I get the parts. I plan on growing the blueberry strain from ilgm seed bank. I will be using clay pellets as a medium. I wanted to know how many seeds I should buy , I plan on only growing 3 plants to start off. I will be putting them in one gallon nursey pots. Will those pots be enough for the germination period to harvest? Also I am curious as to what kind of light I should be using. The one thing I am very curious about is the nutrients. I am not sure what to buy since I am doing an ebb and flow system. Any help would be great, thanks in advance.

First and foremost I want to thank you for your well-thought out and extensive advice and your time. Considering I’ve jumped right in and already purchased the ebb and flow system I don’t know if I’ll be changing mediums for my first grow however if I do find this setup to be unsuccsful I plan on listening to every ounce of advice you’ve given me here. Based off of what you said about White Widow I believe changing strains would be in my best interest, overall it seems like a very forgiving plant. However I do have more questions such as:

Will I need to transfer our plants to bigger pots?

How much attention do I have to pay to temperature in the plants environment?

Will I have to worry about humidity too? If so what kind of dehumidifier should I purchase?

Any recommendations based off of nutrients such as which to use and how often?

For now, that’s all the questions I’ve come up with but I’d like to thank you once more for all your help and time.

1 Like

Thanks again for all this info but I don’t think at the moment I can afford to join the club. Although saying that I wanted to know a little more about nutrients. I was planning on using the General Hydroponics PH Control kit and also their floragrow, florabloom, and floramicro. Was just wondering if this would be all I needed to start off. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks again, this is really helpful. Another question(lol) I was wondering how often I should change the resovior? On the chart it says 7-10 days, is that still true?

and also do you think I need any more nutrients other than those three?

How did everything turn out for you?

yes you can do all you need to with those basic nutes …use them all the way thru , then add some add on’s on your next grow to see any diff… AND yes since your new to hydro i would recommend changing your res every 7-8 days …itll help to keep it simpile to start with … Hammer