Newbie needs help w/defoliation

@ Spiney thank you for the reply. Sorry for my late reply I cannot figure this board out, yet. Absolutely, they are mini solar panels. It makes sense to not get too trim happy with the quick growing autos if not needed. This new grower appreciates these tips. Heck, if there is a plant to soil contact situation you can just excavate a little bit of soil out of the way if needed if the leaf isn’t already messed up. I’ve done it before but not with the main topic of plant discussed here. Haha, thanks for the info.

2 Likes

Check out this thread. It shows a grower who goes from seed to harvest with minimal defoliation.
There are others of course but this thread is rather short and concise with lots of photos and doesn’t get sidetracked from the grow. Lots of defoliators have amazing grows as well. I have seen people strip ALL of the foliage down to stems only to see the plant grow back a ton of leaves. In all honesty I think it defeats the whole idea of saying the plant can focus its energy on growing buds. If it has to grow back 100 leaves as well then where is the energy savings. That said they still get a lot of product. I see it as proof the cannabis plant has amazing resiliency and we cant really screw it up too bad.

3 Likes