Newbie needing your help!

PLEASE HELP! I am new to growing, I had no problems with my plant, she had gorgeous green fan leaves and regular leaves. I read everything that said it was time to harvest. I cut my baby and hung to dry. Getting ready to cut buds and saw this. Is it bud rot. Is it supposed to be all leaves like this?

2 Likes

The first photos, especially the second, are questionable. Do you have a couple of other photos you can upload using flash?

2 Likes

It’s difficult to tell about bud rot for 2 reasons. First is the lighting quality of the pic. Try to get a pic with a bright white light shining directly on a suspect bud. The second thing comes down to the above quote, the leaves are dried up and blocking a good view of bud. Your concern about it being mostly leaves could be attributed to several variables. What type of grow lights do you use. Also even with decent lighting it’s possibly a nutrient issue. Trim off some of the leaves and take a picture with brighter light. Welcome to ILGM forum plenty of people here who can help with nearly any question or issue you have :+1:

3 Likes

What did your plant look like before she was hung but yea it’s normal for leaves to dry and die

1 Like

All have you covered, I would add, trim the bud and open her up and check what she looks like open :pray:

3 Likes

I would trim ur bud first so you can get a good look at it cause its hard to tell with all those leaves still on the buds but i really hope for ur sake its not bud rot

3 Likes

1 Like

I see that your lady was grown outdoors, so lighting wouldn’t be a issue as far as bud size. How soon after the above pic did you harvest. As far as rot, just remove leaves and check buds for brownish looking spots. :+1:

I harvested 2 weeks after this picture. 20211011_130321|375x500

This is what she looked like before I hung it to dry.

1 Like

There’s a couple spots that look suspect for possible rot. Hard to tell. Just be sure to closely inspect before you start curing.

I would remove suspect spots before curing, Welcome to the forum.

1 Like

Here is the bud in drying stage. Is it normal?
@Tezza2

1 Like

I cant see anything wrong there you just need to take those dead leaves off and trim it up ready for jarring.if i was you i would trim all ya bud and make it look nice and then have a good look at ur buds

2 Likes

Thank you very much!!

2 Likes

Ur welcome once you have trimmed all the dead leaves off just have close look at ur buds for mold or rot me personally i dont think u have any rot or mold but then again ive never had that problem yet

I have similar problems with my outdoor grow. In my case they are infested with ‘moth’ larvae that turns into worms that go after your buds. This year, my 6th, I used DiPel Pro DF. This year I only have two plants that are definitely two different species. One seems not affected be the worms, the other is. Still not ready to harvest, so will keep you posted.