Newbie needing help

What type of light for one plant in a small tent? Heard nothing but good reviews about hlg lights qb. Just wanting to grow one for medical reasons. Any and all help appreciated.

3 Likes

You will need to be more specific about your proposed tent size (ie 3’ X 3’ or 4’ X 4’ etc).

You are on the right track asking these questions before making your purchase.
@dbrn32 is the main guy to help with lighting.

3 Likes

Have you bought your tent or anything else yet?
QB’s are very solid yes.

A single plant can be a monster in a 3x3 tent with LED’s covering all the walls or it can be a shorty 2x2 tent with one main light from the roof…

What’s your budget? Cheaping out on a light is usually people’s #1 regret down the road so stay away from Amazon and give us some more info so we can help you out.
Do you mind putting one together to save /get a better light? Or do you want basically in a box ready. If you have the time I strongly suggest building

2 Likes

For the time being the area i have right now is a small utility with measurement of being 18"x18x 70" its small area have got my seeds they are auto gg. I was shooting for a 5x5 tent but with funds being what it is my garage grow area will have to wait

2 Likes

I guess the next question would be… how much is your light budget?

1 Like

I too made the same mistake with the purchase of a cheap light as well. Still be able to use it for something lol.

I was thinking of purchasing a qb hlg Amazon has one for 149 plus shipping

2 Likes

The hlg 100 will be perfect for a 18”x18” space. I’d get the 3000k, since it’s slightly better at flowering than the 4000k

If you got directly to hlg they’re offering 10% off right now.

4 Likes

Yes. Use it for veg.

3 Likes

I echo what @Drinkslinger is suggesting about the HLG 100, I just didn’t want to jump to you buying a light if you had the time to build one.
Again shoot for the taller tents.
I’m, sure down the road you will end up using this tent/light for veg only and have a larger main setup lol

2 Likes

I agree, hlg-100 would be good option for you.

2 Likes

Just want to thank everyone here and im going to take everything Im learning and have fun😀 with it. All of you are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

4 Likes