Newbie needing guidance 2 white white widow autos 8 weeks from seed yellow leaves stunt growth

Ordered some sledgehammer be here tomorrow, my bad should of looked at schedule better never used sledgehammer was flushing with distilled water occasionally, hope the plants will make it to the finish line since these are autos I’m probably running outta time to correct the issues :confused:

What’s the perfect ph number? is it 6.5 on all grow stages?

6.5 is the sweet spot for soil

1 Like

Thanks for the chart

r the tips of the probes reaching the bottom of the pots.?

the bottom is where u have to test the moisture, its where most of your roots grow.

never flush an over-watered plant.!
if u need to do a flush, do it when they need watered,
as soon as the mix starts to dry it draws air back in letting the roots breath again.!

most cannabis plants in containers that r ‘over-watered’ r suffering from a condition called ‘wet feet’, this is where the bottom of the pot never dries out enough and is ‘drowning’ the biggest roots.

2 Likes

Probably one of the reasons a lot of people switched to fabric containers. They dry quicker, can be fed more, and auto prune.

1 Like

I got the probes pretty much buried in a 5” fiber pot

I wait until it’s at 1 or 2 before water/feed. I also bend (or break off) the ph probe so I don’t have two probes potentially damaging roots. The ph probe on mine is the one on the right.

Ran a gallon each sledgehammer 10% runoff, do I need more than 1 gallon per plant? Runoff was 6.3 and 675 ppm large plant was 6.2 ppm 819 should I feed the fox farm trio and cal mag at 1/4 rate or use distilled water only at next feeding ? I’m at 8 weeks from seed thanks again

I’ve never used sledgehammer. Just florakleen, and now just plain water.
Your ppms dropped a little, but I suggest another gallon of sledgehammer mix pH’d @6.5 check the ppms, then another gallon of plain water pH’d @6.5, then check ppms.
If your ppms get below 500 that’s probably enough. For a full flush you’d want it as close to the input water ppms as possible.
I’d then follow up with a mild feeding at 1/4 strength fox farms recommended amounts.

That my friend did the trick both plants at 6.5, small plant at 497 ppm and large at 550, so the next watering use 1/4 strength nutes? thanks a million!

1 Like