NEWBIE! Need some guidance

So I started these puppies outdoors (NY/NJ) on June 10th. They are seemingly doing well, but I think I started them too late (?). They’re Girl Scout Cookie and Gorilla Glue Feminized auto flower.

How do I proceed? They receive plenty of direct sunlight and water, but beyond that I haven’t done much! I’m pretty much winging it.

They’re in happy frog soil.

What would the timeline and next steps be here? Again, concerned I just started them outdoors too late but I’m totally lost.

3 Likes

They look a lil light are you phing your water

Ok bring auto flower they should start to shoot pistils after about 30 days ish or in that area of time 28 to 35 days some more some less. Happy frog should get u atleast 3 to 5 weeks with just phd water. Do u have a ph and ppm meter and nutes to use if so what are they

1 Like

Will your temps and weather allow them to finish outdoors? Guessing mid to late Sept.
Otherwise, do you have the set up to grow them inside?

Not doing anything to water. Just pouring it in the pots!!

Here are some alternate pics I just took.

2 Likes

They all look a little pale. What nutes u have and ppm and ph meters??

1 Like

Haven’t used any nutes and no PH water. Straight from the tap.

1 Like

That was my concern - def not set up to transfer indoors. I was just going to wing it and see how they do outdoors

When do u start getting frost there. Id say late sept to mid oct before its done. Nutes are gonna be a must or she wont be worth poop really lol. Maybe even some dte 444 and 484 will do the trick for ya with some fulvic and molasses

Hm. Interesting. How do I even give it nutes? I’m clearly a total rookie.

2 Likes

Nutrients is nuyes. Ph and ppm meter u can get on amazon. If u plan on doing more grows spring for the apera or bluelab meters more money nut last way longer and more accurate. Ph up and down in smaller bottles will work for now til u see what u use. Easiest nutes to use is jacks 321 is 3 parts part a part b and epsom salts. Super simple use the same from start to finish unless u dr it up diff urself

1 Like

Did that all make sense to you? I know exactly what he is talking about but I realized as I read it that to someone who does no know the terminology that might have sounded like code

Ppm=parts per million and refers to TDS =total dissolved solids

You will need a meter for measuring TDS and one to measure the ph of your water

You will need nutrients and marks recommendation for “Jacks 321” is a solid choice

4 Likes

Thanks for the tips Senor Wormwood. At the end of the day, as much as my plants probably would really benefit and thrive from Nutrients, it seems like a lot of work (and opens me up to F’ing them up)! I might give it a try, but I might just continue down the road of water and sunlight and letting nature do it’s thing. Thank you again for the help—i need to decide if I’m ready to step up my game.

4 Likes

I can understand that but I’d recommend you at least get a ph meter for your water. If you are far off enough on your ph you get nute lock out and your plant slowly dies

Good luck with your grow :grinning:

5 Likes

You will want to step up your game after chatting with these folks !!

3 Likes

Great thought but in nature the things the plant needs are provided and your soil will run out of that and will need you to provide it. It’s not complicated. And you have time to do some reading here and there’s plenty of help. I saw some good advice recently and that was find someone here that grows like you want to grow and follow them they will be happy to help you succeed. Not feedingwill end in failure and be a waste of your time.

2 Likes

If u dont wanna worry on ph and all use distilled water ro water only not tap and get the down to earth 444 and 484 like 30 bucks for both. Use 444 in veg and 484 in bloom. Add to soil around plant once a week or every other week and water thats all. No nothing else atleast they will get some nutrients to help feed the buds.

4 Likes

@MaxK once you start ph ing, nutes or whatever, you will find its not as much work as you think. Believe me, at first I was overwhelmed by what I was told was proper care, and now its not only pretty easy, but fun and rewarding ! Im still learning new info every day. These folks will simplify for you as best they can. Id be lost without them. Maybe not lost, but questioning my every move.

2 Likes

Purchased the 444. Do I just add it to my existing soil on the top and just water?

1 Like

Mix it in the top 2 inches of soil and water as you have been dry nutes don’t act as fast as liquid so it may take a couple of watering’s to see the results Down to earth is good stuff

2 Likes