Newbie lighting?

Nothing ready to go as far as I’m aware. They make a few that resemble desktop reading lamps, but they aren’t big enough to grow weed with.

1 Like

Wow I guess I just skimmed first post, sorry about that

1 Like

No clue where it is to take pics, but my 1st 480hps back in the day came with an adjustable light hanger.
All it was is a piece of 3/8th metal conduit bent into an “L”
Another piece of I believe 3/4" conduit bent into an “L”
The 2 side into each other on the long ends. The larger conduit on the short end was towards the ground and put through 2 pieces of chanel with pinch bolts to create the “foot”
Where the 2 slide together drill and tap for pinch bolt on height adjustment.
I know this is super confusing but maybe it’ll get the balls rolling in your head to come up with a stand. If not it’s super easy to place a couple of hooks above plants. Unless steal or concrete ceiling :sunglasses: bunker style

1 Like

We’re thinking of pushing forward with a grow tent but want to start small. Any recommendations on the pics below? We are thinking two of the lights with the tent.

The tent is solid. I have ac infinity 3x3x6 and I love it

The light I can’t comment on as I have no experience with that

1 Like

Hi @PlantMom I love your tent choice and I like the Mars hydro lights but that model IMHO is a little underpowered for a few more bucks this one has better quality leds and more power that would work really good in that tent

https://www.amazon.com/VIPARSPECTRA-Included-MeanWell-Dimmable-Spectrum/dp/B08S7H6D48?ref_=ast_sto_dp

1 Like

Sweet! Thank you! I’ll definitely pick it up.

1 Like

The higher quality leds and the extra power will probably give you a 1/3 increase in your harvests. Of course you can spend more for better, but staying under a hundred bucks it would be hard to find better. Plus vipar has been around like 10 years and offers a great warranty

3 Likes