Newbie.....just starting out

Lol one thing. Id spring a bit more on the ph meter. Check out the apera 20. That one u got in cart will be in a drawer collecting dust before ur first harvest

1 Like

@Olaf welcome to the club. Starting off can be a bit overwhelming but this bunch of men and women are great. Pick a category and just read and soak it all in. When buying your growing equipment you dont want to end up buying something twice because it ended up being crap, you get what you pay for. Lights are the most important investment you will have and you only really want to buy or build a quantum board. @dbrn32 is the expert on lights here.

1 Like

2x3 is a good space for a DIY light if you’re handy. Ideally you’d be looking at closer to $200 though.

2 Likes

Will do on the pH meter. I’m using my Jedi mind tricks to smmoooth over my wife about the light…or lights.
" But honey…we won’t have to buy better lights down the road…it’s like your makeup…see, you look sssoooo beautiful with your expensive makeup." Wink wink…nudge nudge. Wish me luck! Old Guys Rule!!

2 Likes

Lol, I grow for my wife so it’s almost the opposite. She’s like “that fluence spydrx light looks nice. You should get that one.” Chill woman it’s $1500.

So I think y’all be proud. I’m opting for better lights. Given my space, two plants will be max I think…so im leaning to a 600-1000 watt LED. The Bestva 1000 seems good. Thoughts…

Not knocking Bestva, but IMHO your money would be better spent on a DIY light , not just for quality of light but you need to think of heat ( in a closet can be hot), intensity( a diy w/pot. dimmer works well) and overhead. I am sure you would be a lot happier in the end by building something made for your space.
A god ph pen is imperative and ILGM has some great FEM. mix packs

1 Like

Just lookin thru some threads and had to laugh at this one. Got the exact one and I’m almost done and …yep it’s in the drawer Lol, got wet I guess! But it’s in the drawer…getting a better one soon.

Oh no. Sorry to hear that. I guess moisture is a concern…

Yup they get tossed… i couldnt keep mines calibrated.

And @Olaf i kno it seems like this horn is blown alot around here… but the lighting is ESSENTIAL. Those HLG’s or a diy build is upgradable and grows some serious reefer. If you light ur space for $200 id jump on it :joy:

Hlg is impressive by what I’ve seen…looks like 2x2 space is Max on the 100. I’m gonna start small and “grow” from there. Lol…ok…bad humor I admit.

Hahaha. The funny part is laughing at urself.

Trust me. Its much more impressive when you growin it urself

2 Likes

Dude it’s good to see ya back in action I’ve have missed your Avatar!!! :smirk:

I’m going to maintain my sanity if I laugh more…
I’m riding a pretty good high right now and watching Vikings. I’m laughing at the killing…is that wrong???

Lmao. Its good to be back. Even better to have something growing

1 Like

As long as it isnt a kid or a puppy, its perfectly fine :joy::rofl::joy:

Or Hagatha! Me Likey some Hagatha!!!

Just finished Game of Thrones…I’m not hip I suppose.