Newbie July 2022

Mosca is my handle, i have been a fly on the wall around here for a few days. “Birds of a feather, flock together”, so here we are. Our first reach into the cookie jar has banana kush on the future menu. Ilgm of course. Long time gmm1 guy from tx. Met the boss in cali while in the navy mid 80’s. 86 to be exact. She loves to garden, flowers and veggies and we have raised lots of animals. 60+ yrs old, learned disc golf at balboa park. SD. 1981, still chunkin. Raised my daughter on the principle, “God made grass, man made booze, who do you trust?”

Been looking at light, the space will be the rv shower.

5 Likes

Used to hang out there with the bluegrass players around the koi pond near the botanical garden during that same time. We probably actually saw each other at some point.
Welcome to the forum.

4 Likes

Yes. Brings back memories. I lived there from 94 to 2000.

Welcome to the forum.

4 Likes

What is the footprint size of the shower?

2 Likes

2x3 has 3 solid sides, other is plastic curtain

2 Likes

Do you have plans to expand later or are you set on growing one plant there.
If you plan to expand then your light choice might reflect that. If you are sticking with the shower, which is perfectly fine btw, then something designed for a 2x2 tent would probably be fine.
I like the idea as runoff water can just go down the drain and you can use it on outdoor plants.

2 Likes

Growth, 2x3, bigger will happen next year. 4x4 (?)

The vast wealth of opinions i have read tell me, we would like a light that can be adjusted to meet the needs of our strain(s), at certain times. Leds are our prefered route. 1 or 2 lights. The second could be daisy chain added on later with larger area.

Should we do the pot for pot scenario? I know mass production most likely cheaper to buy bulk to grow. We country bumpkins, grow for two. Show us the way obie one. Please and thank you.

4 Likes

Lemme ask @theGiz and @Fiz - y’all did P4P right? If I recall y’all both also had P4P winning plants so I figure if anyone can recommend the pot for pot, it’ll be you two.

3 Likes

Welcome to ILGM forum :+1:

2 Likes

I grew a couple of plants in A Pot for Pot, and as @Graysin noted, my girl won a prize. They are easy to use. You make them up as directed, supersoil on the bottom, coco/perlite mix on the top. By the time the plant reaches the supersoil, it is strong enough to stand the “nute rush”.

I only bought the “refill kits” since I owned the other stuff that came in the full kit. I’m currently running a pair of clones in pots filled with stuff I recycled out of my original P4Ps, plus some extra coco, perlite, and worm casings.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Neighborhood! This will forever be your Happy Place. :grinning: :v:

1 Like

A lot of good things come without directions attatched, a wife and a daughter for one. Thank you all for your future inputs and the directions you give.

Banana kush auto is the plan. Awaiting lighting, and most likely, p4p, suggestions on what and where to get needed supplies. A couple tutorials on posting pics and we hope to share soon.

1 Like

Might look at Spider Farmer SF2000 light. Has Samsung lm301b diodes which are only eclipsed by the newer 301H designation. They are actually the same diodes but they cull out the better efficiency ones for the “H:” designation.
Its longest dimension is just under 26 inches so it will fit in your shower space. You wont have to replace it later if you do buy a 4x4 tent. Can simply buy another and daisy chain them for a 4x4 tent.
Others may have different suggestions. If it was me I would cap off the shower head so that there was never a chance of watering the light. That would be a disaster.

2 Likes

For the price of the SF2000, I’d sooner suggest Green Beams.

The 240watt is in my grow room rn alongside HLG (the most recommended light brand on this site without a doubt) and rivals the QB260 XL in yield.

No disrespect intended at all - I’m just a bargain hunter and have tried lots of the common lights just to be able to say I know from experience. GB beats SF bang-for-buck. @SilvaBack203 had a spiderfarmer light and gave it up in favor of the $200 200 watt HLG mini Diablo. that says what I need to know about a light (I also have the mini Diablo, right next to my GB :man_facepalming:)

3 Likes

I forgot about those, great idea

1 Like

I personally get better results from the diablo200 which been killing every grow. The sf a friend has it.

1 Like

My actual shower pan is 21x36 . I have some play with the width to accomodate with light choice above. As mentioned previously, will have another space next year, so light could be a step above to accommodate expansion.

We want latest, greatest, and bang for that buck.

1 Like

Green Beams will be best bang for buck. HLG (Horticulture Lighting Group) will consistently be latest and greatest. Between the two, you won’t go wrong either way.

3 Likes

all the stuff Fiz said… :grinning: yes I would recomend p4p to any new grower and their super soil is great…I too ordered more soil and built the rest on their way of growing…look out its addictive…and yeah I too won plant of the month july from them…get the 5 gal kit …there is a slight discount 5% i think from a review site on line

2 Likes

Pro tip right there. I wouldn’t have thought of that

Great light at a reasonable price. My next light purchase most likely

4 Likes