Newbie in New Brunswick

Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Water-Quality-Meter-Pancellent-Temperature/dp/B06XCMNFVQ/ref=lp_393271011_1_5?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1502190349&sr=1-5
this is a set ph and ppm/tds and yes soil is a big factor

1 Like

Thank you Donaldj

this is what I am going to order today. we don’t have amazon.com in Canada so this is the closest I could find. https://www.amazon.ca/XCSOURCE-Professional-Aquarium-Hydroponic-BI669/dp/B06XDNFQMZ/ref=sr_1_49?ie=UTF8&qid=1502192730&sr=8-49&keywords=water+quality+test+meter

I checked the soil ph of my two babies today. readings were about 6.5. Two days ago before I put the lime solution in the ph was at about 5.5. I used about 2 TBSP of lime pellets in a 2 liter bottle, gave each plant half. hopefuly I didn’t neutralize to much

I also added a little epsom salts to the water for the first couple waterings, but the good soil made the difference. Look for good soil with worm castings. The worm castings do the trick.

1 Like

thanks Tr33

update, topped one of my plants a day or two ago. just noticed two new limbs shooting up. I like this growing thing, can’t stop checking them out.

1 Like

Weekly update: Plants are 35 days old. Had a busy morning, got my CO2 generator made and running. Did a soil check, green pot is around 6.0 and black pot is around 6.3.today is feeding day, but I think I will wait, my soil is still pretty moist from the limestone injection.

3 Likes

Hi and welcome @BobD1…guess I am a little late to the party ey? Fashionably late I say. Anyway we are on a similar schedule. My gurly-twirly’s are just shy of a month old. Yours are looking pretty good. Take the advice offered here these dudes and dudettes really know what they are talking about and will not stear you wrong…

Also, unlike a few other forums I have perused, everyone is really uber nice here and not trying to one-up each other proving they are the king/queen of grows.

Mind telling me about that CO2 set up you have going? Looks very interesting!

Hope to see you check in often and get to know everyone :slight_smile:

Apparently I am “bug-house” crazy according to some here so bare that in mind when ready my posts or my journal. I live on the edge of insanity most of the time…

Rodri

@rodri59, thanks, there are two videos at the bottom of the page in ILGM.com best fertilizers and nutrients section. step by step instructions. have already taken advice for a bunch of things from this site.

Took a soil sample today, both plants are between 6 and 6.5 for ph.:grinning: all new growth looks nice and green.

1 Like

Weekly update( plus a few days). plants are 44 days old. fed plants today. hopefully my ph meter shows up soon. don’t know if its the CO2 generator and/or the LSTing I have been doing, but plants have taken quite the growth spurt.

5 Likes

They look great!

2 Likes

@Rugar89,thanks

I got my ph and tds meters on august 21,2017 and took readings of both plants. Black pot 6.6 ph,746 ppm, green pot 6.8ph,778 ppm. plants are getting very thirsty now. on August 22nd I started a 12/12 light schedule. will take ph readings again after I calibrate meter.

1 Like

Is 10-15-10 ok for flowering?

@bob31

Hi Everyone! I have been pretty slack with my journal ( on here). here is an update. my two plants are doing well. they are on day forty of flowering. I have had a few hiccups, but have pretty much have my set up complete now. I can’t wait to try some of this. they are staring to smell sooooo good. here are some pics. PS. I would like to thank the people who run this site and all the other people who are so forthcoming with info. it has made growing so much less painful . it is an awesome site. I even played nurse for a broken stem.

1 Like

Welcome back @BobD1

She looks great in spite of the broken stem! Three more weeks or so of flowering left?

@bob31 thanks

1 Like

@bob31,@Donaldj, I think I am in my last two weeks of flowering and am starting to have deficiencies in one plant. should I be worried? or is this normal? also thinking about a flush as my ph is running high. (around 7) on the other plant, the bud leaves are a solid purplish color, I hope that vis normal/ I am growing a purple candy kush indica.thank you

Update I guess I have about four weeks left, since I just read you don’t count the first two weeks of light switchover.