Newbie here. Question about High humidity environments

Greetings & Salutations
I have a question and I hope to get some guidance/suggestions.
First time grower here.
Ordered the kit from Super Green labs (sorry, not advertising, jsut describing my setup). LED light panels included in kit
Using an old refrigerator in my garage
6" filter set up, using a variable speed fan controlled by SGL controller, vents to below the fridge
Planning on using old coffee (plastic) cans about 1.5l
Seeds in the mail as I type this
In Houston, Texas. Hot as hell usually and RH often reaches 99% in summer (actually most of the year)

Now, issue is, I see recomendations for RH controlled. In reading, seems like that humidity will be too high.

LED lights likely will not evaporate humidity.

Am I going down the wrong path here? Any suggestions?

You will probably have to run a dehumidifier

1 Like

And vent your spend exhaust outside to the world,

I tried the outside world once…really great resolution but generally boring game

2 Likes

Yes, yes…Thanks for the input!!

“6” filter set up, using a variable speed fan controlled by SGL controller, vents to below the fridge" (from original post)

The smell is what always stopped me previously. I’m kinda proud of the filter/fan/exhaust to the bottom of the fridge. My expectations are, if somebody walked up the the fridge, they might hear and feel CLEAN air flowing, but almost expected out of the bottom.

Ordered a small dehumidifier, hoping it will be enough for the Gulf Coast.

Looking at small Oscillating 6 Inch Fan. Don’t have any infrastructure (poles, bars, etc.) inside yet. I expect I’ll need to epoxy something the the top or side to mount the fan.

Anything else anybody see to help me out, I’m all ears!!!

Yeah agree with dehumidifier, less plants in your tent