Newbie here please help

@whatbuddyboy @Borderryan22

Brand new FFOF is very hot for seedlings and great for others. I grew a Blueberry Kush and Lemon Haze both Autos in brand new FFOF and loved it.

My Tora Bora also loved brand new FFOF. But many have also failed.

How I combatted this problem was top dressing with FFHF so the seeds with tap roots has a barrier between the two soils. I have had less problems doing this.

Also brand new FFOF you won’t need nutrients for 4 to 6 weeks.

1 Like

@MrPeat I haven’t given them any nutes yet I have sour diesel autos. This is my first attempt at growing I know I need a lot of help oh my seeds are from iglm

1 Like

A natural light picture would definitely help. That looks like new growth coming in the top and looks ok. But that burple makes tough to get a good view of any potential spots or things like.

How much and how often are you watering? At that age, they still don’t need much water. You should only water when the top 1in or so of soil is dry.

I saw you got a pH pen. Awesome. Your water should be between 6.2 and 6.8 going in. No nutes, so you shouldn’t have to adjust pH much. I also noticed you solution for adjusting, awesome.
I use lemon juice (about 1½ tablespoon to a gallon of water to drop it to 6.3ish. It comes from the tap at 7.7). Your solution should be just fine. I also use baking soda to bring it up if it’s low. Small pinch at a time.

You should only be giving her pH’ed water for the first 5ish weeks when using only FFOF. I almost burned one up adding nutes at 3 weeks. Let the soil dry up a little. Once she evens out, and you start watering more, use the weight of the pot to gauge if she’s wet or dry.

If you are going to be using the FF trio liquid nutes, start at ½ strength. Then adjust from there.

Get that natural light pic!!!

2 Likes

I know…I read the topic from the start to last post. I was simply informing you how long the soil nutrients will take you in a grow. This will also be determined by how big the plant is. Thus the 4 to 6 week general rule. :+1:

@Borderryan22

1 Like

@Borderryan22

Think this one is better

2 Likes

The new growth at the top is much better looking than the first pictures you posted days ago. I’m not indoors do I can’t tell you much about lighting. But they are looking much better.

Notice how your soil is drying? Let it go another day maybe. You shouldn’t have to water more than 2 or 3 times a week maybe. I have to water every other day being outside.

Thanks I really appreciate all of your insight @Borderryan22 @MrPeat @Kingkupa

2 Likes

Happy growing. Wait til they’re about 5 weeks old and veg and start to reeeeeeeally grow.

@Borderryan22 i think I’ve been over watering

Overwatering is almost 100% guaranteed at first. I’m only a few months in, but this place has taught me practically everything I know. Lots of great people here. Many with years and decades of growing experience and knowledge. Patience is key also.

2 Likes

@Borderryan22 im pretty I’ll need your assistance again sometime down the road

No problem. I’ll tag people if I’m clueless. Everybody here wants everybody to succeed!!

4 Likes

thanks for the tag but im new too lol ive only just the last few months learned how too tag but hell it was lovely to get tagged like i knew afew things, but no. plenty here who do.

1 Like

Are them leaves at the bottom that look burnt kinda touching the soil at any given time like when u water if they get wet with nutes that’s what it looks like other than it looks ok. Ffof is hott I’ve notice minimal burns at the start but ju.ps right out of it usually make sure not to over water now. Every time water hits soil nutes release the more nutes she is getting now might not be all that good for her. I’d myself put a solo over them and water from the cup out only for a little bit only give a small amount in center to keep a touch wet here and there promote them roots to grow out quicker

I just want to again say how awesome everybody is. This site great but it’s the people who make it OUTSTANDING, I tagged a few people saw this person was having some issues and in few hours WOW thanks again to all

4 Likes

I just wanna say I love this forum already you guys rock @MrPeat @Borderryan22 @JWhistler @Kingkupa @Mark0427

4 Likes