Newbie here please help

What’s wrong with my plants???
I’m using fox farms ocean forest

Soil is probably a little hot for her. She should grow out of it. Just won’t be pretty for a little while. Fox farms of is a hot soil. Won’t need any nutes for 4-6 weeks. Probably closer to the 6 week mark.

When watering are you checking ph?

2 Likes

May also be water droplets on top of your leaves. Water droplets act like a magnifying glass and can burn the leaves under bright light

3 Likes

I’m a first timer how do I ph the water

I a 1000w bestiva veg n bloom

Sorry have

Get this or something close to ph water, also you may need a ppm pen, and a ph pen of testing

2 Likes

Thanks I just ordered one yesterday

You will need a ph meter. Apera ph 20 is about the cheapest I would get. The Amazon ones aren’t worth having.

The ph up and down that @Kingkupa posted would work.

Your light will struggle to flower your plant. Especially if you try and do multiple plants. Most on this site recommend HLG lights but they are expensive.

4 Likes

And getting this stuff as we speak

4 Likes

@JWhistler can you tell me how to use the ph control kit

First test ur water, use the little tube about 1/2 3/4 way full then put 3-5 drops of solution in tube close lid and shake. What ever color it turns look at chart on back, thats where u r, use up or down to get to 6.5, or desired number. I will tell u this get very tricky when u add anything to the water because it changes the color, and then when u try to test with solution hard to tell what color. I would suggest getting a ph pen. It will save u a head ache later.

@Kingkupa thanks bro I appreciate you

This is the one I got. Got it from local shop they give me a yr warranty and if I have any problems told me to bring it back. I read alot that people use more expensive kinds, that’s up to u, I’m lucky to have local shop or I would have bought a more expensive, but I have had no problems with it, very simple to use

Did the ph control kit come with a calibration kit. Should have a low and a high. This will tell you if your ph meter is calibrated. After this either use a cup or dip the end of the pen in the water and see what ph it says. Aim for 6.5 in soil. Use the ph up and down sparingly as it might surprise you how little you need. If you go too far one way or another you can adjust back. Doesn’t have to be perfect 6.5 each time. A little one way or another won’t hurt.

I’ll see

I think she’s dying plz help

When u can get a picture in natural light, hard to tell what color ur leaves are, have u fed any nutes ? Is your soil straight FFOF ?

@Kingkupa yes it is just ocean forest and I haven’t been giving them any notes yet. I’ve just been ph the water with the stuff you told me to get image|375x500

Yikes I feel horrible that Is what I use and I am in FFOF too. I will tag some people who know much more then me, they will ask for a support form ticket
Here’s a screen shot fill out as much as u can, People will come help don’t worry. 2 questions how far is your light, and did u get the leaves wet when u watered Water can cause spot

1 Like

They have helped me they should be able u @MrPeat @Covertgrower @Mark0427 there are tons of great people at first I was afraid to tag but do it we are all here to help

4 Likes