Newbie here-light on humidifier-does it affect plants

Thanks for this forum! Will a small blue light on a humidifier affect the growing cycle of my plants? And it looks like the 5 clones I got started are turning into males. :(. Could it because I am so new at this and before I got my 5x5 grow tent they did not have fully desirable conditions. And last but not least, I live in VT and its impossible to find clones for sale, even in neighboring Mass. Can anyone shed some light on where to buy clones?

3 Likes

Hey @Dealra,
Welcome to the forum.
Best advice I know is to not take a chance and just cover the blue light. Electrical tape usually works for that job.
Photos of the plants will help determine if they are showing male traits.
As far as getting good plants I can only say I would just buy seeds here and learn to clone yourself. The genetics are great. Many success stories on this forum. Plus in the long term it would be less expensive.

5 Likes

Welcome @Dealra ! @Spiney_norman has you covered!

2 Likes

Does this look like a hermie? The other 4 look similar but leaves are yellowing. :frowning:

I dont see any pollen sacs.
It looks like its not really rooted and growing well yet.
How old is it?
We probably need a lot more info to help you get sorted.
But we all love this process. Others will chime in too.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
If soil, what brand and type

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the questions and facts will help us help you 

1 Like

Try this
Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor
Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile

I copied this from another page hope it helps welcome to the forum good luck

2 Likes

Lol…
Thinking alike.

1 Like

:grimacing::+1:t2: Yes indeed!

I cannot thank you enough for this help—This is a clone that is about 2 months old. So maybe it will be ok? You are right, its not rooted well yet, not sure how long that will take. Can you tell me how much light should be on at this point. I finally got the temp and humidity under control, I have an exhaust fan and oscillating fan as well.

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.
Humidity is about 50%
Temp is in the mid-70’s day and night
Lights 12/12
Exhaust fan
oscillating fan
humidifier
5x5 grow tent
400 watt bulb

1 Like

I’m going tag a few ppl with more experience than me. I’m new and learning a lot as well.
@Myfriendis410 @PurpNGold74 @MattyBear

2 Likes

I suggest running 24/0 with clones. I don’t see any hermi.

2 Likes

Hi, welcome to the forum. I’m in Vt as well. There’s actually quite a few Vermonters here.

I don’t see any male bits. Most marijuana plants are very sensitive to any light during their 12 hours of dark. When they’re sleeping be sure there is absolutely no light in the tent. No light leaks, no glowing leds etc.
if you want plants to flower give them a 12/12 schedule. If you want them to grow without flowering use 18/6
I don’t know of any place that sells clones. Maybe through networking you can meet another cultivator willing to give/trade clones.

You can buy seeds here.

What 400 watt bulb are you using? Looking at your pic the plant appears to need more light.

I am using a LU400/ET18/HO. Light is about 12" from plants.
I ordered seeds here (can’t wait until they come in, just hope I can get them growing) I ordered autoflowering.

I’m changing my lights right now to 18/6 right now.

I am so glad you didn’t see any male bits.

This is all so exciting, my new hobby!

3 Likes

If you change the lighting schedule now your plants will appear to stall for about a month. Then they’ll grow funny for another few weeks. All in all it’s going to set you back close to 6 weeks.

Is that an hps bulb?

1 Like

Yes it is an HPS bulb.

Hmmm-maybe that is why my plants have stalled–because they are now in a grow tent under proper conditions, before that they were in a home made tent not nearly as good as the one I have now. ???

What light schedule have you been on?
What size tent?

I grow autos…
Its good to have a solid plan in place with autos as once they sprout the clock is ticking on their lifespan.
You want seedling, vegging and flowering to take place in the best conditions possible.
I doubled the yield of my autos from the first to second grow just by reading here.
Lots of good ideas on the forum. Use the search feature, (little magnifying glass at the top), to read peoples grow logs.

2 Likes

Are you doing autos or photos? I’m confused. Because if you have clones of autos that would explain it. Just want to clarify…