Newbie help sad looking plants

My plants are not looking well, and I don’t know why. I water as I fee the dry soil, I am using the Foxwoods soil, with the liquid plant food.
I have the light on 24 hours a day
See photos:

1 Like

This is my set up, temp is 81

Can you please fill out a support ticket? Please include what type of water you’re using.
COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post

NA (non-applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

• Indoor or Outdoor

• Light system

• Temps; Day, Night

• Humidity; Day, Night

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

• Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload pictures taken under natural lighting to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner.

Looks like an auto flower that got stressed and started budding too early.

Assuming your soil and liquid plant food are on point, I would say overwatering, number one newbie mistake. You need to stick your finger in the soil to the knuckle to get an idea of moisture level.

Honestly you need to start new seeds. Those babies won’t produce but a bong rip.

And fill out that support ticket to get some overall help with your grow.

2 Likes

i see… that sucks. i did have to hide them in a room like 3 times for a couple of hours when i had company. could that have done it?

answers:
NA (non-applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
Gorilla glue
• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
foxwood soil
• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
pot
• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
NA
• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
NA
• Indoor or Outdoor
indoor
• Light system
apollo horticulture GL60LED full spectrum 180w

• Temps; Day, Night

• Humidity; Day, Night
• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
no
• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
humidifier in room/AC available

• Co2; Yes, No
NA

1 Like

So you’re not measuring the pH when you feed or water?

I have it and have not been using it.

should I have switched the light cycle ?

I was in the seedling stage still right?

Seems like a learning experience. Maybe hiding it for periods of time tigger it to bloom early?

Foxwood soil? Do you mean Fox Farms? Your plants are small and won’t need fertilizer for weeks to come. They look like they may have seen some temperature extremes, but it may be the case that you have nute burn. It is hard to tell without pictures taken under natural light. It would be really helpful if you were able to measure PPM and pH so you don’t have the same problems with new plants. I agree with @AAA on watering too. The soil should be dried before you water each time.

Understood, ok, i was successful last time i did made sure my ph were normal. I failed to do hat this time.

We have had temp changes going into spring now.

I will start over

Yes, fox farms

Fox Farms products have what your plants need for ~4 weeks from your last transplant. Adding additional fertilizer will burn your plants.

2 Likes

Again thanks for the chuckle…
Yea rip and strip and start some more

2 Likes

The hairs mean its budding, are you sure its not an auto?

It’s auto, yes, gorilla glu

1 Like

If you are going to grow autos you have to ‘toe the line’ as it were. Everything needs to be ideal for the plant to prevent it doing exactly what is happening now. I never understood why new growers are directed towards autos over photos.

Very dry soil. What appears to be nute burn. Either of which would have stunted an auto.

This is where you want to get smart with a PH and TDS meter to help keep that plant in the ideal range.

2 Likes

If you’ve been adding nutrients when it’s that small you’ve probably been killing it with “kindness” as until it gets bigger there is enough nutrients in the soil for 4 weeks or more.
Autos are sensitive in that if they have issues that will affect the veg growing stage and they only have so much time before AUTO flowering and once that happens the plant will get bigger but as it’s already stunted will be smaller than it could have been.
You can keep it and harvest or you can replace it in that same pot as there’s plenty of nutrients left as it didn’t use much. Stop adding nutrients until they are really needed or the same will happen.
I might also suggest mixing up the top 3-4” of soil first and do a slurry PH test on the soil using equal parts of soil and RO or distilled water and using a liquid PH meter or even those paper test strips etc…
Mix up the water and soil say in a small container (coffee cup or so size) and let it settle for 15-20 min or so and then test the PH. You want to see a 6.3-6.8 pH with 6.5 being the sweet spot.
Make sure you calibrate your PH meter before checking the soil slurry

1 Like

I understand why. Theoretically it should be easier to grow a Auto. I don’t like the fact they do what they want, when they want. I prefer total control you get with a Photo. :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

I’m with you. I’ve done them but personally I like to futz with my plants.

I was going to add too that autos require less nutrients than photos in general so def want to just let the plant tell you what it wants.

1 Like

What’s PPM?