Newbie Growing to make Rick's Oil

Hi all nothing new to report just growing along nicely

2 Likes

@meduser You should start your own grow forum and share with everyone you will definitely get a lot more help because it’s hard to find you when you’re showing your plants under making Rick Simpson oil LOL if you need any help just holler your baby looks great by the way I actually just noticed that this is your forum edit your name if you want instead of it being Rick Simpson oil I can be about your plant and then you can change it back to oil when you get to that point

Ok. Sounds like a good idea. Not sure what to call it. How about " Growing Afghan Fem indoors in oz"

1 Like

Looking great @meduser

Thanks deb.

1 Like

Hi @Hogmaster I’m having a problem working out how to make the changes you suggested. Can you tell me where the changes can be made.

I believe you can go back to the first post and edit the name of the topic from there. If that doesn’t work, we’ll find someone else to figure it out. :wink:

These plants have come a long way in the last 3 weeks.

2 Likes

Does anyone know how tall these Afghan Fem plants grow too??

23"-78" according to the details given by ILGM…

1 Like

Looking really good @meduser, :star2:

1 Like

Just a quick update. 1 plant is 20" the other is 14". Not sure why the difference in size but they are both looking healthy

2 Likes

How far from the plants should the lights be at this stage of growth.

It really depends on the light intensity, but the rule of thumb is 18 inches.

You can also do a hand test; if its too hot for your hand, its too hot for the plant.

Happy growing. :slight_smile:

I’ve got the lights at 10" away but they are LED so there’s very little heat. Should I move the light further away on the shorter plant to get it to stretch a little???

@meduser what lights have you got there? And how many?

I have 2 x 400w LED. One on each plant.

@meduser I would double check the paperwork that came with your lights but they should probably be a bit further away. Someone has a chart somewhere for LED lights on the distances for Sprout/ Seedling, Veg and then Flowering.

It seems to me in Veg the 400 watt LED should be like 2.5 feet above the top of the plant but in flower probably around 18 inches to 2 feet?

@Countryboyjvd1971 have you seen that chart?

I spoke to garrison about it he said he was heading to your thread to post the info that was 4 hours ago

I’ll move them up to 2 ft from the plants