Newbie grower needs help: 1st Grow not going well

This grower had algea growing read the tread this is not a debate on If you should use a dome or not I recommend to take the dome off because he’s having humidity/ watering problems I was just trying to help out this grower
So I’m apologize for saying what I do when this is not about what I do or. You do but the issue that this grower was having

My bad thought I was reading your grow journal

1 Like

I promise that the environment they are in is high humidity. Different situation with hydro, depending. I only top feed via drip until taproot drops down so in my case I need additional humidity.

But we all have to adapt to our own region and style. The end result is the same. This is what has worked for me.

3 Likes

I agree

when some ones having humidity issue and watering issue hence the green algae they shouldn’t keep adding humidity with the dome so I recommend he take it off there was no reason for tegrity to disagree with me the grower had algae should you keep putting a humidity dome on there his plants where shooting straight in the air does not a fan help with that so why tell me I’m wrong I have a grow journal how about you go to that and tell me how I’m doing everything wrong and how your way so much better and like I said a dome not necessary it optional
This is the kind of stuff that confuse new growers there having a issue some one try to help and then you get I disagree you need this and this and this because I do this
The grower had algae I think he should try to take the dome off it my suggestion and no need to tag your buddy to argue over if you should use a humidity dome
If you have algae what does that tell you put your plant under a humidity dome i don’t think so :thinking:

1 Like

This is the second thread in as many days that has gone off the rails with people arguing about whatever on someone else’s thread and the OP not even in the argument in either case. Does not foster an inviting environment to seek aide, imho. Tag them over into your journal to argue with them. I happen to agree with you about the domes and laughed about calling in the crew to argue it. However, this crap should stop. OP on the other thread yesterday was upset with the argument on his/her thread while trying to seek advice.

3 Likes

Hey, just wanted to say I’m sorry if I caused discontent. That’s not my intention. I didn’t call in the Calvary to argue MY point, but to give advice. Again, sorry for the snafu.

1 Like

Okay yes I did use solo cups for that grow lol!
The only time it’s because I had to grow them while on the road at work at the start. Not ideal for me. Haha

I didn’t look to the questions because I didn’t see it I just replied to what you had said.
What is the question exactly?
@Myfriendis410 is a wealth of knowledge and I doubt ide be able to share anything he won’t be able to.

There is no discontent here ladies and gentlemen we are just having a discussion lol

3 Likes

I’m still learning, dude. But enjoying the interaction with all of these fine stoners haha!

2 Likes

OP on the other thread yesterday was upset with the argument on his/her thread while trying to seek advice.

That may have been the case on the other thread, but I’d like to weigh in with a respectfully dissenting view.

I definitely noticed that this thread took on a life of its own well beyond the scope of my (OP) questions, but I personally didn’t mind a bit. In fact I appreciated the education on related subjects.

I’m the newcomer here so if you guys who are old-timers here think there’s a problem that needs fixing, so be it. I respect your prerogative to improve your forum as you see fit. But I wanted to be clear that I personally wasn’t offended at all.

3 Likes

Right on! I probably over reacted and should have minded my own business. Welcome! There are definitely tons of educated opinions around here to benefit from and more than one way to do most things. We all need to pick and choose what works for us and what makes sense to us.

2 Likes

I still apologize for going off OP.

2 Likes

FWIW, taking the dome off seems to have resulted in a big improvement.

I think my biggest mistake was panic - the first time I tried taking the dome off after a week, I noticed a couple of wilted leaves and dry tips and panicked. If I had just concluded “taking the dome off is a shock event the plants have to get used to”, they probably would have recovered fine. But instead I put it back on and left it on until everything was covered with green algae.

2 Likes

Wow, you guys are so polite and respectful to one another. I’m pinching myself like, “Is this REALLY on the Internet?”

So glad I found this wonderful community!

5 Likes

I apologize as well

1 Like

Me three. It was really the other thread that got me going but I read all that after the fact so I didn’t bother to comment over there about it and bring it back up

1 Like

I hope we are all

3 Likes

The day we stop learning is the day someone closes the cover on our remains. Oh and to all this is a great forum and people are nice to one another. We are all stoners at heart. Give us some weed and we will start a band.

1 Like

@xPat so how are they doing now?
When I root cuttings/start seeds for my other indoor plants by the window I get a really big clear plastic container from bunnings and use that as greenhouse type. just to keep the temp/breezes off.
my windows can get cold at night.
Keeps them a little more snug .
Also its easier to move them around and they can go outside sometimes when its an extra sunny day to get a little more rays.

Thanks for asking. My main problem was over-watering the seedlings. I’ve since gotten that under control.

Just transplanted the first 9 plants yesterday and so far they look to be doing fine in their big 5 gal pots. Will try and take more photos soon.

Pat

Hey
Im newbie grower…purchased one seed for pure interest (initially my interest was chillis)…
Having reasonable success with most grows i thought what the hell…my brother and i had some success with seeds from crap weed back in the 90’s.
So i germinated my single Blueberry Autoflower… placed it some Miracle Grow and did what i usually do… started it on a windowsill…stuck my little LED light over the top…and watched it get leggy…
I re-potted as the seedling got bigger and buried it a little deeper to aid its standing…
I think I’m about 8 weeks on from germination…and as a window grow with cheap usb light…im so far quite proud.
I live in the land of the red double deckers and as such know i shouldn’t be growing this (the wife would kill me if she finds out…but hoping to move it outside once spring frosts ‘do one’…
But…I’ll be coming for advise soon enough I’m sure.
Just signed up to this site after reading a few posts (especially this one)…Everyone seems cool.
Here’s my gal…

3 Likes